听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语美文】 » Respect for each dream--尊重每个梦想-(2-110616)
返回列表 发帖

Respect for each dream--尊重每个梦想-(2-110616)

本帖最后由 sunny萝卜 于 2011-6-16 10:18 编辑

I always think that WORDS has its strong power ,and in sometimes WORDS can encourage us when we are in deep sorrow,and give some ideas when we are wandering.

Regardless of who said these words, no matter what political purpose with these words, just read and remember that is useful to us.

You can try to translate the sentence marked in red.

We are shaped by every culture. Drawn from every end of the Earth, and dedicated to a simple concept, “E pluribus unum”: Out of many, one.

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

Now much has been made of the fact that an African-American with the name Barack Hussein Obama could be elected president.

一个名叫巴拉克侯赛因奥巴马的非裔美国人当选为美国总统就足以证明这一点。

But my personal story is not so unique. The dream of opportunity for all people has not come true for everyone in America, but its promise exists for all who come to our shores. And that includes nearly 7 million American Muslims in our country today who, by the way, enjoy incomes and educational levels that are higher than the American average.

然而,我的个人经历并没有什么独特之初。尽管不是每一个美国人都能够梦想成真,但是对于每一个踏上美国土地的人来说,他们的梦想都会收到尊重,其中也包括人口近700万的美国穆斯林,目前,他们的薪酬和受教育程度均高于美国平均水平。

Moreover, freedom in America is indivisible from the freedom to practice one's religion. That is why there is a mosque in every state in our union and over 1,200 mosques within our borders. That's why the United States government has gone to court to protect the right of women and girls to wear the hijab, and to punish those who would deny it.

此外,美国的自由与宗教信仰自由密不可分。因此,美国每一个州都有清真寺,全国共有1 200多个清真寺。出于同样的原因,美国政府用法律的形式保护女性佩戴穆斯林头巾的权利,并规定:阻挠者将会受到法律的惩罚。

do you really believe that?

respect for each dream,i like it.

回复 2# tingroom

Just as what I said:"regardless of who said these worlds,no matter what political purpose with these words,just remember the useful ones."
    I believe "out of many,one."
    I also believe " there has the belief,there has the hope."

回复 3# lghmhw

Me,too.

返回列表