听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » English Corner » 美语怎么说006: 扫货
返回列表 发帖

美语怎么说006: 扫货

Jessica 在北京学汉语,她的中国朋友要是遇到了不知道用美语怎么说的词,就会来请教她。今天是吴琼要问的:扫货。

Jessica: Wuqiong, 明天我们去吃火锅好不好?

WQ: 火锅儿?好吃! 可...我没钱.

Jessica: No money? You told me you got a scholarship!

WQ: 奖学金是拿了,可我一高兴就拿去扫货啦!

Jessica: 扫货?

WQ: 就是 buy a lot of things!

Jessica: Oh! You went on a shopping spree!

WQ: shopping spree?

Jessica: Right! Spree is spelt s-p-r-e-e. Going on a shopping spree means you spend a lot of money during a single shopping trip. 头脑发热,看什么都买。

WQ: 对! I went on a shopping spree after getting my scholarship money! 我那天疯狂扫货,一分钱都没留下!

Jessica: But do you really need all the things you bought on the shopping spree?

WQ: 说实话,好多东西都用不着,可我当时就是那么烧包!烧包你懂么?就是看着手里的钱难受,非把它花出去!

Jessica: Haha! Actually, in English, we have a similar expression--your money was burning a hole in your pocket.

WQ: My money was burning a hole in my pocket? 钱把衣服兜烧了个窟窿?这的确跟“烧包”很像!

Jessica: Wuqiong, next time your money is burning a hole in your pocket, take me with you! I'll make sure we only go window shopping!

WQ: Window shopping? 买窗户?

Jessica: (Chuckle) No. Window shopping means we only look at the window displays, without really buying anything!

WQ: 哦,就是光看不买! 这个好,省钱!

Jessica: 对! Now tell me what you've learned today!

WQ: 第一,扫货叫go on a shopping spree;

第二,烧包叫money is burning a hole in one's pocket;

第三,光看不买是window shopping!

Girls like gon on a shopping spree, while boys drinking spree-----human nature

回复 2# Erikadyn

hehe, it all just depends. I don's like drinking.......

回复 3# 李武军

yeah, you can say that again. good guy....

I also like to go on a shop spree after getting my salary,that's really a bad habit,well, I have many clothes to never wear on .I decide that I ever never do this thing that money is burning a hole in my pocket,when seeing the beautiful things I just do the window shopping.

I also like to go on a shop spree after getting my salary,that's really a bad habit,well, I have many clothes to never wear on .I decide that I ever never do this thing that money is burning a hole in my pocket,when seeing the beautiful things I just do the window shopping.

Actually I don't like to go on a shopping spree even if I got much money, that's only because I don't have many things to buy. The only case that money is burning a hole in my pocket is when I visit my grandmother, I wish I could give all my money to her. She is one of the most important person in my life.

返回列表