听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【BBC教室】 » Sherlock Holmes Returns 福尔摩斯再度归来
返回列表 发帖

Sherlock Holmes Returns 福尔摩斯再度归来

Background:背景:英国著名侦探小说人物夏洛克•福尔摩斯将在新的作者笔下起死回生。福尔摩斯新小说预计将在今年9月出版。

The character of Sherlock Holmes was originally created by the Scottish writer Arthur Conan Doyle who featured him in four novels and more than 50 short stories.

After his death, his son Adrian wrote several stories featuring the famous Victorian detective, but critics say he was never that popular.

But it's the first time that the Arthur Conan Doyle estate has officially asked an author to write a new novel.

He has been named as Anthony Horowitz and is best known his Alex Rider children's series.

So was he daunted by the challenge?

"Well obviously, it was dauntingto a certain extent and you are dealing with probably the mosticonic detective in the whole history of literature.

Anthony Horowitz:

And the one thing I didn't want to do was to disappoint those reallydevout fans, the sort of Sherlock Holmes Society and people who love these books.

But to be honest with you, I actually found it fairly easy to write because I have loved those books since I was 16 years old, I've read them two or three times during the course of my lifetime – in fact, my whole life as a writer of crime fiction myself was to a certain extent inspired by Doyle and I find the book not so scary as I thought it might be."

Anthony Horowitz says he's a devoted fan and aims to produce a first rate mystery for a modern audience.

devout adj 虔诚的 真诚的

Really, the charactor Sherlock Holmes and the author Conan Doyle are all legends of all time. They have inspired countless people, whether they are fans of the novels or professional writers. As to myself, I have seen the TV series which were inspired by Sherlock Holmes. The name of the TV series is Famous detective--Conan.

返回列表