听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 听力提高 » Edinburgh Festival 爱丁堡艺术节
返回列表 发帖

Edinburgh Festival 爱丁堡艺术节

Natalie: Hi I'm Natalie and welcome to On the Town. Today I'm at the world-famous Edinburgh festival. Now the festival runs every year and attracts many tourists from all over the world. So let's go and talk to some performers and find out a bit more.

Feifei: 今天的《都市掠影》我们跟随 Natalie 一起来到了一年一度的爱丁堡艺术节。爱丁堡艺术节是世界大型综合性艺术节之一,每年受邀来参加的除了有著名的音乐家和剧团以外,还有很多喜剧表演艺术家也前来为成千上万的观众献上他们的精彩艺术表演。

My name's Lucy Elcliff and I'm doing two fantastic comedy musicals, one called Plague about the Black Death and we're also doing a brand new musical about pirates, called Piromania. And it's tongue-in-cheek, the songs are fantastic - very catchy, there're some beautiful ballads in there, some duets, there's a romantic story as well as comedytastic full-blown in-your-face panto.

Lucy Elcliff, a performer at the festival

Natalie at the festival

Feifei: Lucy 说她参加演出的这两个喜剧音乐剧都是 tongue-in-cheek, 就是说这些音乐剧都是闹着玩儿的,不能当真的玩笑。

她用单词 catchy 来形容这些音乐剧。Catchy 在这里的意思是说一个曲调或歌曲容易记住。

Lucy 还说这些喜剧音乐剧 comedytastic. 这是一个由 comedy 和 fantastic 组成的合成词。

咱们再来听一次,注意听我们上面讲到的词。

And it's tongue-in-cheek, the songs are fantastic, very catchy there're some beautiful ballads in there, some duets, there's a romantic story as well as comedytastic full-blown in-your-face panto.

Lucy Elcliff, a performer at the festival

Feifei: 下面请听 Natalie 在街头的采访,注意听单词 togas 宽大的外袍和单词 premise 前提。

Natalie: Ok I'm just standing here on the Royal Mile and I've just gone past a lot of people wearing togas, so can you tell me more about what you're promoting here today?

So we're doing a show called When In Rome, which is a new musical comedy which is set in ancient Rome, it's got like eighties and nineties kind of cheesy music and it's just a lot of fun and that's the premise really and that's why we're wearing bed sheets and singing silly songs.

A performer at the Edinburgh Festival

Feifei: 原来这是以古罗马为背景的一个喜剧音乐剧。Set in 是以什么为背景;ancient Rome 是古罗马。这个音乐剧的音乐非常 cheesy, 我们通常用 cheesy 来表示过时的但是大家仍然很喜欢的东西。

咱们来接着听 Natalie 的采访,这次请注意听单词 flyering 发送传单。在艺术节有很多人在街头发送传单来 promote 宣传他们的演出。

Natalie: Now I can hear the rest of the cast in the background there singing away, I mean this really does bring a great atmosphere to Edinburgh doesn't it?

Yeah absolutely. I think we're really lucky in the sense that we've got a really big group so we can have a lot of fun all singing together and flyering like that, which I think makes a big difference but I think we've all really really enjoyed the festival, it's been so much fun.

A performer at the Edinburgh Festival

Natalie: So let's go and talk to some people who are visiting the festival.

Feifei: Natalie 接下来采访了一些来参加这次艺术节的观众。不知道大家对今年的艺术节有什么看法?注意听单词 vibrant 和短语 thriving with culture.

It's really vibrant and there are so many people from so many different countries here.

A visitor to the Edinburgh Festival

We definitely want to come back, I mean this whole place is thriving with culture around here.

A visitor to the Edinburgh festival

Feifei: 听清楚了吗?上面受采访的一位观众说今年的艺术节 really vibrant 活力十足,人气很旺。

It's really vibrant and there are so many people from so many different countries here.

Feifei: 最后一位受采访的观众说他一定会再来,还说今年的艺术节 thriving with culture 文化气息非常浓厚。

We definitely want to come back, I mean this whole place is thriving with culture around here.

Feifei: 下面我们一起来复习一下今天学到的单词和短语:

你还记得用来形容闹着玩儿的,不能当真的玩笑的那个短语是什么吗?对了,是 tongue-in-cheek.

我们还学习到了两个用来形容音乐的单词 catchy 和 cheesy.

Vibrant 用来形容艺术节活力十足,人气很旺。

Natalie: Well that's all from the Edinburgh festival but don't forget to check out the website: that's www.bbcukchina.com for more On the Town programmes. Bye!

返回列表