听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 听力提高 » The Barbican 巴比肯艺术中心
返回列表 发帖

The Barbican 巴比肯艺术中心

Lily: Do you like music and art?

Oliver: Are you into film and theatre?

Lily: If your answer is yes then you’re in for a treat today as we are taking you to the Barbican in London. I’m Lily.

Oliver: I’m Oliver. 大家好。今天我们要为您介绍的巴比肯艺术中心是欧洲最大的综合艺术中心。

Lily: The Barbican is a huge building with a concert hall, two theatres, three cinemas, two art galleries, a conservatory and a public library.

Oliver: 这个艺术中心是一组庞大的建筑群。其中包括一个音乐厅、两个剧院、三个电影院、两个艺术画廊、一所艺术学院以及一个公共图书馆。

Lily: You can find almost every form of art here at the Barbican. And that makes the Barbican very unique.

Oliver: Unique 独特的,让我们听听中心的艺术总监 Graham Sheffield 是怎么介绍巴比肯的。

What gives the Barbican its unique flavour is the fact that it does have venues, spaces, for each of the art forms. I don't know anywhere else in the world that has this configuration of spaces. So that gives us an opportunity to present work in a variety of different ways and juxtapositions, and people can come here and enjoy a whole range of activities over one or two or three days or nights, so you can see both the popular and the more esoteric art forms.

Graham Sheffield, Artistic Director of the Barbican

Lily: Because it has so much space, the Barbican can present work in a variety of different ways and juxtapositions. Juxtapositions.

Oliver: 并列的、并存的。 So what are the range of activities? Graham again:

So you can see both the popular and the more esoteric art forms. You can see, you know, the latest Harry Potter film, but also maybe a piece of Japanese animation or a film from Palestine, or a London Symphony Orchestra concert, or a Jazz concert, or a new dance from Africa, which we've got on at the moment, or an English production of Cymbeline by Shakespeare, or an exhibition of punk.

Lily: Wow what a list!

Oliver: 在巴比肯中心,观众能看到的艺术形式范围之广真是让人吃惊。

Lily: Yes. You can see both the popular and the more esoteric.

Oliver: Popular and esoteric 流行的和严肃的。

Lily: Let’s have a look at the names of different art forms: Harry Potter film.

Oliver: 哈里·波特系列电影。

Musicians playing a concert at the Barbican

Lily: A piece of Japanese animation.

Oliver: 日本动画片。

Lily: A film from Palestine.

Oliver: 来自巴勒斯坦的电影。

Lily: A London Symphony Orchestra concert.

Oliver: 伦敦交响乐团的演出。

Lily: A jazz concert.

Oliver: 爵士音乐会。

Lily: A new dance from Africa.

Oliver: 来自非洲的现代舞蹈。

Lily: An English production of Cymbeline by Shakespeare.

Oliver: 英文版的莎士比亚名剧《辛白林》。

Lily: An exhibition of punk.

Oliver: 关于朋克音乐的展览。

Lily: It sounds like the Barbican has so much to offer to the British public. But how about the foreign visitors Graham, would you recommend a visit?

Well, of course I'm going to say people must visit! I think the Barbican is worth a visit, not only for what it is, but for what it does and where it is.

Oliver:他说,对于外国游客来讲,巴比肯绝对值得一游。不仅仅是艺术中心本身丰富多彩,而且所处的地理位置也是得天独厚的。

Lily: So where is it located then?

It's right in the heart of the city of London. You're within two minutes walk from St. Paul's Cathedral, you're within 10 minutes walk of the Tate on the South Bank. You're in the heart of the business city, but also within reach of some of the most vibrant, multi-ethnic communities in London that surround the city, so it's a very vibrant area.

Lily: The Barbican is right in the heart of the city of London.

Oliver: 巴比肯恰恰就处在伦敦金融城的中心,离著名的圣保罗大教堂只有两分钟的距离。

Lily: Yes, two minutes walk from St. Paul’s Cathedral.

Oliver: 步行到南岸的泰特艺术中心也只不过就十分钟的路程。

What it is, it's become something of an architectural icon, now much-loved, and it's now a listed national building, and people are now beginning to appreciate its architectural qualities, for its strength and dynamism, for what it is.

Lily: The Barbican has become an architectural icon.

Oliver: 标志性建筑。

Lily: It’s a listed national building.

Oliver: 受保护建筑。

Lily: People are beginning to appreciate its architectural qualities, for its strength and dynamism.

Oliver: 人们已经开始欣赏巴比肯艺术中心在建筑方面的特色和风格。

Lily: The Barbican is open 363 days a year, and you can always find something that interests you.

Oliver: 在节目开始的时候您好像说对音乐和艺术比较感兴趣,是吗?

Lily: Yes I am. Well, if you are too, then come for a visit when you are in London.

Oliver: Hope you enjoyed this programme and see you next time.

Lily: Bye.

返回列表