听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » English Corner » “手段卑鄙”英语怎么说?
返回列表 发帖

“手段卑鄙”英语怎么说?

第一个习惯用语down and dirty中的dirty就解释为“不正当的, 卑鄙的”,而down在这儿的意思是下流阴险的。所以down and dirty表示的意思类似于dirty poolshady deal, 都指正派人不屑于做的卑鄙勾当。

例句-1:This guy ran a real down and dirty campaign; every day he started more rumors about our man's honesty and personal life. But the voters saw he was lying so we easily beat him.
这家伙为了赢得竞选真是不择手段。他每天都散布谣言中伤我们候选人的品德和私生活。好在选民看透了他在撒谎,所以我们轻而易举就把他击败了。

第二个习惯用语是: dirty crack。Crack可以解释为俏皮话或者幽默的玩笑, 但是前面加上dirty意思可就不同了,dirty crack是“刺伤人的挖苦话”。
例句-2:Finally Bob made a dirty crack about the quarterback -- he called him so dumb he couldn't add up two and two. At this the man next to him got up and hit him in the eye: it turns out the quarterback was his son.
鲍勃终于忍无可忍了,对着那名四分卫叫喊说,他笨得连二加二是多少都算不出来。他身边那人听了这话站起身来就朝着鲍勃的眼睛打了一拳——原来那名四分卫正是他的宝贝儿子。

learn it

评分人数

i like it

评分人数

回复 3# googo

I am pleased that you like it.

read

评分人数

• xiaomeixin

yeah! I also have learnt sth useful from that.

评分人数

• xiaomeixin

Good!
I got it.

评分人数

• xiaomeixin

I see

评分人数

• xiaomeixin

OK!I GET IT!~THANK U!

评分人数

本帖最后由 xiaomeixin 于 2011-7-15 14:51 编辑

That picture above with a cat and some words puzzles me. You are mean, Go away!  What does it mean? 翻译成你真小气,走开!还是你真卑鄙,走开?I think MEAN in oral English is usually tranlated(translated) into 小气,吝啬. My BUDDY, what do u think of this sentense(sentence)? Let me know!

评分人数

• xiaomeixin

回复 6# 陈秀玲
Bad means

评分人数

• xiaomeixin

i got it

评分人数

• xiaomeixin

回复 10# 珊裳旖旎

Sometimes one sentence has so many meanings.It just depends on you.To different tone and different situations,it has different meanings.And both are correct.

oh!that's it thx for sharing!

评分人数

• xiaomeixin

返回列表