听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语美文】 » One hour of time-(17-110709)
返回列表 发帖

One hour of time-(17-110709)

A man came home from work late again, tired and irritated[烦躁的], to find his 5-year old son waiting for him at the door.
    "Daddy, may I ask you a question?"
    "Yeah, sure, what is it?" replied the man.
    "Daddy, how much money do you make an hour?"
    "That's none of your business. What makes you ask such a thing?" the man said angrily.
    "I just want to know. Please tell me, how much do you make an hour?" pleaded[央求,求情] the little boy.
    "If you must know, I make $20.00 an hour."
    "Oh," the little boy replied, head bowed[弯下脑袋].
    Looking up, he said, "Daddy, may I borrow $10.00 please?"
    The father was furious[生气的]. "If the only reason you wanted to know how much money I make is just so you can borrow some to buy a silly toy or some other nonsense[废物], then you march[前进,开赴,跑步] yourself straight to your room and go to bed. Think about why you're being so selfish. I work long, hard hours everyday and don't have time for such childish games."
    The little boy quietly went to his room and shut the door. The man sat down and started to get even madder about the little boy's questioning. How dare he ask such questions only to get some money. After an hour or so, the man had calmed down, and started to think he may have been a little hard on his son. Maybe there was something he really needed to buy with that $10.00 and he really didn't ask for money very often. The man went to the door of the little boy's room and opened the door.
    "Are you asleep son?" he asked.
    "No daddy, I'm awake," replied the boy.
    "I've been thinking, may be I was too hard on you earlier," said the man.
    "It's been a long day and I took my aggravation[恼怒] out on you. Here's that $10.00 you asked for."
    The little boy sat straight up, beaming[愉快的]. "Oh, thank you daddy" he yelled.
    Then, reaching under his pillow[枕头], he pulled out some more crumpled up[摺皱的] bills.The man, seeing that the boy already had money, started to get angry again. The little boy slowly counted out his money, then looked up at the man.
    "Why did you want more money if you already had some? " the father grumbled[抱怨].
    "Because I didn't have enough, but now I do," the little boy replied.
    "Daddy, I have $20.00 now. Can I buy an hour of your time?"

。。。。。。

Share $20.00 worth of time with someone you love...just a short reminder[提醒] to all of us working so hard for our living.
    However, let us not let time slip through our fingers without having spent some quality time with those who really matter to us.
    忙于工作的人们,别忘了生命中还有更重要的东西,请多花一些时间来陪伴我们的亲人。

本帖最后由 sunny萝卜 于 2011-11-21 16:29 编辑

I just can't hold myself, I always can't help myself to fulfill my nephew and niece.

评分人数

回复 3# fangnan

be patient!

what they have done,just want to cause your attention.

pls enjoy the time with them,you will feel much younger.

In our upwardly mobile society,most of the people concentrate on their work in order to impress their boss or get better salary.And meanwhile they don't have so much time for their family and friends.If a family has children,I think the parents should pay more attention to the children and avoid so much working over time.

评分人数

回复 5# xiaomeixin

yeah, we should not neglect the nature of life.Money, position all these material form is the flavor of life.

yeah,I always miss my daddy in every dark night,But I can see him in my following live.just miss him forever,But my mom is stay with me ,So I want to be a good son and often cell my mom try my best.the live is harder out on my mom,she should have a good son and often say hi to her.

学习一下,谢谢版主无私奉献!!

返回列表