听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 休闲乐园 » 要去参加同事的生日派对了!
返回列表 发帖

要去参加同事的生日派对了!

Dialogue:
Lily: Are you going to Fancy’s birthday party on Saturday evening?
Joyce: I wouldn’t miss it for the world! It’s sure to be fun. She’s invited a lot of people. Do you think everyone will be able to get into her house?
Lily: If everyone turned up, it would be a squeeze, but a few people said that they couldn’t go, so I think it should be OK.
Joyce: Are you taking anything?
Lily: I’ve got her a birthday present and I’ll take a bottle of wine too.
Joyce: That’s a good idea. She told me that she had bought plenty of food and snacks. I think, it’s going to be a noisy party. I hope her neighbors don’t mind too much.
Lily: Helen gets on very well with her neighbors. I wouldn’t be surprised if they went to the party too.
Joyce: I’m really looking forward to it. This party is going to be a blast!
Lily: Well, don’t be late. I’ll see you on Friday at Helen’s.

Notes:
I wouldn’t miss it for the world!:我当然不会错过!(字面意思是“世界上的任何事都不会让我错过这次party”)
turn up:出席
squeeze:挤
birthday present:生日礼物
get on very well with:与…相处很好

English Kaleidoscope

How to write a business email-Important Points to Remember

? Email is much less formal than a written letter. Emails are usually short and concise.
? If you are writing to someone you don't know, a simple "Hello" is adequate. Using a salutation such as "Dear Mr Smith," is too formal.
? When writing to someone you know well, feel free to write as if you are speaking to the person.
? Use abbreviated verb forms (He's, We're, He'd, etc.)
? Include a telephone number to the signature of the email. This will give the recipient the chance to telephone if necessary.
? It is not necessary to include your email address as the recipient can just reply to the email.
? When replying eliminate all the information that is not necessary. Only leave the sections of text that are related to your reply. This will save your reader time when reading your email.

Live and Learn

The particle off in a phrasal verb sometimes adds the meaning of “end” or “cancel”. It has this meaning in break off. This may help you with the meaning of other phrasal verbs which end in off.

短语动词中的off有时做“结束”或“取消”解释。在break off(中断,解除)中就如此。这或许会帮助你理解其他以off结尾的动词短语。

I like it,go on!

返回列表