听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语故事】 » one hour of time (父亲与儿子)
返回列表 发帖

one hour of time (父亲与儿子)

please read the story carefully,then translate red sentences and tell me what do  you think about it after reading the whole story,especially the last paragraph.

A man came home from work late again, tired and irritated(烦躁的) , to find his 5-year old son waiting for him at the door. "Daddy, may I ask you a question?"
"Yeah, sure, what is it?" replied the man.
"Daddy, how much money do you make an hour?"
"That's none of your business. What makes you ask such a thing?" the man said angrily.
"I just want to know. Please tell me, how much do you make an hour?" pleaded the little boy.
"If you must know, I make $20.00 an hour."
"Oh," the little boy replied, head bowed.
Looking up, he said, "Daddy, may I borrow $10.00 please?"
The father was furious(生气的) . "If the only reason you wanted to know how much money I make is just so you can borrow some to buy a silly toy or some other nonsense, then you march yourself straight to your room and go to bed. Think about why you're being so selfish. I work long, hard hours everyday and don't have time for such childish games."
The little boy quietly went to his room and shut the door. The man sat down and started to get even madder about the little boy's questioning. How dare he ask such questions only to get some money. After an hour or so, the man had calmed down, and started to think he may have been a little hard on his son. Maybe there was something he really needed to buy with that $10.00 and he really didn't ask for money very often. The man went to the door of the little boy's room and opened the door.
"Are you asleep son?" he asked.
"No daddy, I'm awake," replied the boy.
"I've been thinking, may be I was too hard on you earlier," said the man.
"It's been a long day and I took my aggravation(恼怒) out on you. Here's that $10.00 you asked for."
The little boy sat straight up, beaming(愉快的) . "Oh, thank you daddy" he yelled.
Then, reaching under his pillow, he pulled out some more crumpled up(摺皱的) bills. The man, seeing that the boy already had money, started to get angry again. The little boy slowly counted out his money, then looked up at the man. "Why did you want more money if you already had some? " the father grumbled(抱怨) .
"Because I didn't have enough, but now I do," the little boy replied.
"Daddy, I have $20.00 now. Can I buy an hour of your time?"
Share $20.00 worth of time with someone you love...just a short reminder to all of us working so hard for our living. However, let us not let time slip through our fingers without having spent some quality time with those who really matter to us.
一个又累又烦躁的男人又很晚回家,(此时)他发现五岁的儿子正坐在门口等他。“爸爸,我可以问你一个问题吗。”“恩,当然,什么事?”男人回答。‘爸爸,你工作一小时多少钱’‘那不关你的事。是什么让你问这样的事?’男人很生气的说。‘我只是想知道。请告诉我,多少钱一小时?’小男孩恳求道。‘如果你一定要知道,我工作一小时20美元’‘哦,’小男孩头点点回答说。他抬起头看着父亲说,‘爸爸,你可以借我10美元吗’父亲很生气,‘如果你想知道我一小时挣多少钱只是为了向我借钱买愚蠢的玩具或是其他的一些东西,你可以直接回房间睡觉了。想想你为什么会这么自私。我每天工作这么久这么累,没有时间(陪你玩)幼稚的游戏。’
小男孩很安静的回到自己的房间并关上门。男人坐了下来开始想小男孩的问题。他怎么敢问这种问题只是为了要钱。大概一小时多,男人来到小男孩的房门前打开门。‘儿子你睡着了么’他问(小男孩)。“没有爸爸,我还醒着”男孩回答。男人说“我想过了,刚刚可能对你太严厉了。”“今天一天的火都对你发了。这是你要的10美元。‘小男孩马上坐起来,他拿出一些褶皱的钞票。男人看到男孩已经有钱了,想再次发火。小男孩慢慢的数着他的钱,接着抬头看着男人。’父亲抱怨‘为什么你还想要更多的钱呢,你不是有了吗?’‘因为我的不够,但现在够了。’小男孩回答说.‘爸爸,我现在有20美元,我可以买你一小时么?’
   最后一段是总结哦,大家自己看吧,也可以自己试着翻翻看哦,比较简单的。and it's reasonable

Share $20.00 worth of time with someone you love...just a short reminder to all of us working so hard for our living. However, let us not let time slip through our fingers without having spent some quality time with those who really matter to us.

沙发?
把价值20元的时间分享给你爱的人,这对我们那些为了生计而努力奔波的人是一个小的提醒。但是,我们不要把时光花费在碌碌无为中,让它从指尖溜走,而是要做一些真正对我们自己有意义的事。

评分人数

• seaso

花些时间和你爱的人一起吧。。。这只是对为生活而辛勤劳作的我们的一点提醒。对于那些对我们来说真正重要的人,请多花些时间和他们在一起吧,不要人时间从指缝中溜走。

I remember I posted this story before.O(∩_∩)O哈哈~

评分人数

• seaso

回复 3# sunny萝卜

i don't know you have posted it before,i just consider  this story  containing  the meaning of life.Only want to
share with others....on the other hand,i feel we have the same insight.....

回复 4# seaso

yes,we have the same insight.
Forget about it.Good story deserve shared more by us, and in fact i posted it in different plate,so forget about it.

回复 5# sunny萝卜

ok,i will....such a good guy

返回列表