听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语听写】 » 2011-08-20 英语听写 (难)
返回列表 发帖

2011-08-20 英语听写 (难)

Listen to the mp3 carefully and write down all that you heard or write down the main idea.

Tips:
1.  peso  n.比索  名词复数: pesos  
2.  Mexican
3.  default  
  n.缺席,默认(值),不履行责任 v.拖欠,默认,不履行义务,缺席                 
4.  loans贷款

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

A: You won’t believe what just happened.
B: What?
A: I went down to change some money, right?
B: Yes, we need some, how much did you change?
A: I wanted to change around $5000. And, you know the exchange rate.
B: Yes, it’s about 35 pesos for every time $1, right?
A: Not today  
B: what do you mean?
A: I went to the bank with my money and I looked at exchange board, at first I couldn’t believe it, I thought I was reading the board wrong something
B: why?
A: Because the board says 60 pesos for every time $1
B: 60? That’s too much, how can that be?   
A: I thought that was wrong too, it didn’t make sense.
B: Just two days ago it was 35, how can it be 60?
A: So when I went up to the teller and started to exchange the money, and it is true, they really gave me 60 pesos for the dollar.
B: That’s amazing, really? How could it change so much in two days?
A: I tried to ask the bank teller why it changed, but she didn’t speaking English well enough, so I decided to go to the magazine shop the one around corner, and I bought an American news paper
B: what happened?
A: It seems the yesterday the Mexican government declared it wouldn’t pay back the loans they got from World Bank; the government declared the default on the loans
B: That’s serious
A: I know the economy here having serious problems, but because the government declared the default, the currency value went way down.
B: So now Mexican pesos are worth about half of its much.
A: Yes, it’s an amazing drop  
B: wow, I feel sorrow for Mexicans, but it is good for us.
A: Yes it is very good. We suddenly have twice as much as money to spend here. Our hotel is now half expensive as when we got there. Isn’t that strange?
B: Yes, and you know what?
A: What?
B: I don’t really like this hotel that much, so tonight now there we are so rich, tonight why don’t we stand the most experience hotel in town?
A: why not, we should do it because now we can afford it.

评分人数

• MarcoHoo

M: You won’t believe what just happened.
W: What?
M: I went down to change some money, right?
W: Yes, we need some. How much did you change?
M: I wanted to change around $5000. And, you know the exchange rate.
W: Yes, it’s about 35 pesos for every time $1, right?
M: Not today  
W: what do you mean?
M: I went to the bank with my money and I looked at exchange board. At first I couldn’t believe it, I thought I was reading the board wrong something.
W: why?
M: Because the board says 60 pesos for every time $1
W: 60? That’s too much, how can that be?   
M: I thought that was wrong too, it didn’t make sense.
W: Just two days ago it was 35, how can it be 60?
M: So when I went up to the teller and started to exchange the money, and it is true, they really gave me 60 pesos for the dollar.
W: That’s amazing, really? How could it change so much in two days?
M: I tried to ask the bank teller why it changed, but she didn’t speaking English well enough, so I decided to go to the magazine shop the one around corner, and I bought an American newspaper.
W: what happened?
M: It seems the yesterday the Mexican government declared it wouldn’t pay back the loans they got from World Bank; the government declared the default on the loans
W: That’s seriously.
M: I know the economy here having serious problems, but because the government declared the default, the currency value went way down.
W: So now Mexican pesos are worth about half of its much.
M: Yes, it’s an amazing drop.
W: wow, I feel sorrow for Mexicans, but it is good for us.
M: Yes, it is very good. We suddenly have twice as much as money to spend here. Our hotel is now half expensive as when we got there. Isn’t that strange?
W: Yes, and you know what?
M: What?
W: I don’t really like this hotel that much, so tonight now there we are so rich, tonight why don’t we stand the most experience hotel in town?
M: why not?we should do it because now we can afford it.

评分人数

• MarcoHoo

M: You won’t believe what just happened.
M: I went down to exchange some money, right?
W: Yes, we need some, how much did you change?
M: I wanted to change around $5000. And, you know the exchange rate.
W: Yes, it’s about 35 pesos for every time 1 dollar, right?
M: Not today.  
W: what do you mean?
M: I went to the bank with my money and I looked at exchange board, at first I couldn’t believe it, I thought I was reading the board wrong in something .
W: why?
M: Because the board says 60 pesos for every time 1 dollar.
W: 60? That’s too much, how can that be?   
M: I thought it was wrong too, it didn’t make sense.
W: Just two days ago it was 35, how can it be 60?
M: So when I went up to the teller and started to exchange the money, and it`s  true, they really gave me 60 pesos for the dollar.
W: That’s amazing, really? How could it change so much in two days?
M: I tried to ask the bank teller why it changed, but she didn’t speak English well enough, so I decided to go to the magazine shop , the one around corner, and I bought an American newspaper .
W: what happened?
M: It seems the yesterday the Mexican government declared it wouldn’t pay back the loans they got from the World Bank; the government declared the default on the loans
W: That’s serious.
M: I know the economy here is having serious problems, but because the government declared the default, the currency value went way down.
W: So now Mexican pesos are worth about half of its much.
M: Yes, it’s an amazing drop.
W: wow, I feel sorrow for Mexicans, but it is good for us.
M: Yes, it is very good. We suddenly have twice as much as money to spend here. Our hotel is now half expensive as when we got here. Isn’t that strange?
W: I don’t really like this hotel that much, so tonight now there we are so rich, tonight why don’t we stand the most expensive hotel in town?
M: why not?we should do it because now we can afford it.

评分人数

• MarcoHoo

回复 1# MarcoHoo

Because the board says 60 pesos for every time $1

I think there is sth wrong with the translation here

the right translation is

Because the board says 60 pesos for every TAIWAN dollar.

回复 5# jkyyyj

Yeah, I know and thanks for your sharing.

A: You won’t believe what just happened.
B: What?
A: I went down to change some money, right?
B: Yes, we need some, how much did you change?
A: I wanted to change around $5000. And, you know the exchange rate.
B: Yes, it’s about 35 pesos for every time $1, right?
A: Not today  
B: what do you mean?
A: I went to the bank with my money and I looked at exchange board, at first I couldn’t believe it, I thought I was reading the board wrong something
A: Because the board says 60 pesos for every time $1
B: 60? That’s too much, how can that be?   
A: I thought that was wrong too, it didn’t make sense.
B: Just two days ago it was 35, how can it be 60?
A: So when I went up to the teller and started to exchange the money, and it is true, they really gave me 60 pesos for the dollar.
B: That’s amazing, really? How could it change so much in two days?
A: I tried to ask the bank teller why it changed, but she didn’t speaking English well enough, so I decided to go to the magazine shop the one around corner, and I bought an American news paper
A: It seems the yesterday the Mexican government declared it wouldn’t pay back the loans they got from World Bank; the government declared the default on the loans
B: That’s serious
A: I know the economy here having serious problems, but because the government declared the default, the currency value went way down.
B: So now Mexican pesos are worth about half of its much.
A: Yes, it’s an amazing drop  
B: wow, I feel sorrow for Mexicans, but it is good for us.
A: Yes it is very good. We suddenly have twice as much as money to spend here. Our hotel is now half expensive as when we got there. Isn’t that strange?
B: Yes, and you know what?
A: What?
B: I don’t really like this hotel that much, so tonight now there we are so rich, tonight why don’t we stand the most experience hotel in town?
A: why not, we should do it because now we can afford it.

评分人数

• MarcoHoo

只能听一部分,后面听不到了

M: You won't believe what just happened.
M: I went down to change some money, right?
W: Yes. We need some. How much did you change?
M: I wanted to change around 5000 dollars. And you know the exchange rate.
W: Yes, it's about 35 pesos for every Taiwan dollar, right?
M: Not today.
W: What do you mean?
M: I went into the bank with my money, and I looked at the exchange board. At first I couldn't believe it. I thought I was reading the board wrong or something.
W: Why?
M: Because the board said 60 pesos for every Taiwan dollar.
W: Sixty? That's too much. How can that be?
M: I thought it was wrong too. It didn't make sense.
W: Just two days ago it was 35. How can it be 60?
M: So, I went up to the teller and started to exchange the money. And it's true. They really gave me sixty pesos for the dollar.
KELLY: That's amazing! Really? How could it change so much in two days?
M: I tried to ask the bank teller why it changed, but she didn't speak English well enough. So I decided to go to the magazine shop. The one around the corner. And I bought an American newspaper.
W: What happened?
M: It seems that yesterday the Mexican government declared it wouldn't pay back the loans it got from the World Bank. The government declared a default on the loans.
W: That's serious.
M: I know. The economy here is having serious problems. But because the government declared a default, the currency value went way down.
W: So now Mexican pesos are worth about half as much.
M: Yes, it's an amazing drop.
W: Wow. I feel sorry for the Mexicans. But it's good for us.
M: Yes, it's very good. We suddenly have twice as much money to spend here. Our hotel is now half as expensive as when we got here! Isn't that strange?
W: I don't really like this hotel that much. So tonight, now that we are so rich, tonight why don't we stay in the most expensive hotel in town?
M: Why not? We should do it. Because now we can afford it.

评分人数

• MarcoHoo

本帖最后由 sally2005 于 2011-8-24 22:25 编辑

You won’t believe what just happened?
What?
I went down to change some money, right?
Yes, we need some. How much did you change?
I wanted to change around $5000.00, and you know the exchange rate.
Yes, it’s about 35 pesos for every TAIWAN DOLLOR, right?
Not today
What do you mean?
I went to the bank with my money, and I looked at the exchange board. at first I couldn’t believe it. I thought I was reading a board wrong something.
Why?
Because the board said 60 pesos for every Taiwan dollar.
60? That’s too much! How can that be?
I thought it was wrong, too. It didn’t make sense.
That 2days ago it was 35, what can it be 60?
So went up to the teller, and started to exchange the money, and it’s true. They really gave me 60 f pesos for the dollar.
That’s amazing. Really? How could it change so much in 2 days?
I tried to ask the bank teller why it changed, but she didn’t speak English well enough. So I decided to go to the magazine shop. The one around to the corner, and I bought a American newspaper
What happened
It seems that yesterday the Mexican government declared that they wouldn’t pay back that the loans they got from the world bank, the government declare that will default on the loans
That’s serious.
I know the economy here is having serious problems. That because the government declared the default that the currency value went down.
So now Mexican pesos are worth about half of its much.
Yes. It’s an amazing drop.
Wow! I feel sorry for the Mexican, but it’s good for us.
Yes, it’s very good. We suddenly have twice as much money to spend here, our hotel is now half expensive as when we got here. Isn’t  that strange?
Yes, and you know what?
What? I don’t really like this hotel very much , so tonight now that we are rich, tonight why don’t we stand the most expensive hotel in town? Why not? We should do it because now we can afford it

评分人数

• MarcoHoo

A: you won't believe what just happened
A: i went down to change some momey, right?
B: yes ,we need some. how much did you change?
A: i wanted to change around 5000 dollors, and you know the exchange rate.
B: yes, it's about 35 peso for every Taiwan dollar, right?
A: not today.
B: what did you mean
A: i went to the bank with my momey. i looked at exchange board, and first i could't believe it. i thought ....... board was worry or something
A: because the board says 60 peso for every Taiwan dollars
B: 60? that's too much. how can that be?
A: i thought it was wrong too. it didn't make sense.
B: just 2 days ago, it was 35. how can it be 60
A. so. when is went up to the teller and started to change the momey. it is true. they really gave me 60 peso for the dollar.
B: that's amazing. it was just 35. how can it be 60
A: i tried to ask the bank teller why changed, but she didn't speak english well enough, so i decided to go to the magazine shop the one around corner. and i bought one american newspaper
A: it seemed that yesterday the Mexican goverment declared they won't pay back the loan from ... bank. the goverment declared the default on the loans
B: that's serious
A: i know. the economy here has serious preblem. because the goverment declared the default. the currency value went way down
B: so the mexican peso .....as half way much
A: yes, it's on the amazing drop
B: i feel sorry for mexican, but it's good for us
A: yes, it is very good. we suddenly have twice much money to spent......

评分人数

• MarcoHoo

返回列表