听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【VOA慢速教室】 » 173 Taking out a load 3
返回列表 发帖

173 Taking out a load 3

三角洲通讯公司老板John Smith到银行申请贷款,接待他的是银行负责人Ted Johnson。史密斯想申请个人贷款,用来修建公司的新仓库。Ted Johnson说,除了需要物品抵押外,还有一个要求。

T: I know this can be a problem, but we generally require at lease one guarantor.

J: Hummm....what kind of person would be best, a relative or a business associate?

T: Either one is OK, but most people pick a relative because it's usually a little easier.

J: Ok...I'm sure my brother won't mind helping me out.

Ted说,一般情况下,银行还要求至少要有一个贷款担保人,guarantor, g-u-a-r-a-n-t-o-r guarantor,是担保人的意思,可以是a relative,亲属,也可以是a business associate,生意上的伙伴。John想了想了说,I'm sure my brother won't mind helping me out,我哥哥一定不介意帮我。mind doing something,是介意做某事的意思;to help someone out,指帮某人的忙。

T: Good. So finally we need to discuss the terms of the loan.

J: What kind of interest do you charge?

T: It depends on how long you take the loan out for. If you plan to pay it back within two years, the interest rate is six percent. A four-year deal works out to seven and a half percent.

贷款申请符合要求后,就该具体谈谈贷款的条款了,the terms of the loan. John想知道,what kind of interest do you charge? 贷款利率多少。Ted回答说,贷款利率高低取决于贷款时间的长短。如果是两年还清,利率只要百分之六,如果是四年还清,则要百分之七点五。

J: I think two years should be fine. But six percent is a bit high. Is there any way to get a better rate?

T: Well, you've been a customer here for over a decade. I can't make any promises, but I'll try to get it down to five percent. How's that sound?

J: Five percent works for me. Ted, I can't thank you enough for your help.

T: Don't mention it! See you Friday.

John说,贷款两年就应该可以还清,这一点没有问题,但是他嫌百分之六的利率太高。John是银行的老客户,使用这家银行的服务有十几年了,Ted表示,对老客户可以关照,I can't make any promises, 虽然不能保证做到,但是他会试试看把利率从百分之六降低到百分之五。John听了很高兴,说 Five percent works for me,百分之五我可以接受,并对 Ted 表示感谢,贷款就这样谈成了。

返回列表