听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语美文】 » today is the best day
返回列表 发帖

today is the best day

by Catherine Pulsifer

We sat on the swing enjoying the warm summer air ,truly without a care in the world .Cody ,my 6-year-old nephew laughed,as he swung higher than me .His laugh made me smile .

我们尽情地荡着秋千,深深地陶醉在夏日暖暖的空气里,似乎眼前的这个世界和我们没有一点关系。我6岁的小外甥科迪在一旁开心地笑,因为他的秋千荡的比我高,被他灿烂的笑容感染,我也不禁笑了。

Afterwards, we went for a walk ,looking at the gardens .As we were walking ,Cody looked up at me and said,"Today is the best day!" I smiled at him and replied ,"yes,it is a great day." I then started thinking about what had we done that day? We didn't really do anything speacial ;there was nothing that we did that cost any money.it was a simple day one where we talked ,went for walks ,and swung on the swing.

然后,我们一起去散步,观赏着花园里的那些花。在路上,科迪突然抬起头对我说,“今天是最美好的一天!”我朝他笑了笑说。“的确,今天是快乐的一天。”然后我开始回想这一天我们究竟做了哪些事?可我并没发觉有什么特别的事,也没有花钱给他买玩具。这只是很平常的一天,我们只是在路上说了一句话,还有散步,荡荡秋千而已。

So often,we wait for our "best days "without realizing that "today is our best day".Or we say,"when i get this", or ,"if only this" ,or, "when i have more money,i will ", and we forget to live every day ,enjoying today .

的确,我们常常期待着“美好的时刻”出现,却往往没有意识到“今天就是我们最美好的一天”。我们总是说“等我有了……”,或是“只要……”,又或者是“如果我有了足够的钱,我就会……”,我们总是忘记了眼前 的美好,从不去好好地享受今天带给我们的快乐。

We should be more like children ;they truly live in the moment! They don't need expensive things to make them happy; they don't use the phrase, "if only ",or ,"when i get this" , or ,"when i have more money ".

我们像孩子一样,真真切切地去感受此刻的美好!他们从不去想遥远的事情给自己带来的快乐,也从不说“等我有了……”或是“只要……”,又或是“如果我有了足够的钱,我就会……”这样的话。

There is a saying ,"Carpe Diem " which means ,"Seize the Day ".As we get older ,we need to remember this saying and
enjoy each and every day .Keep your child like attitude of "living each moment to its fullest "!

有这样一名谚语———“及时行乐”,它并不是说我们不需要追求明天,而是让我们好好珍惜眼前拥有的。当我们渐渐变老时,我们需要记住这句谚语,去学会享受每一天的快乐。
附件: 您需要登录才可以下载或查看附件。没有帐号?注册

Today is the best day.

Today is the best day.

Today is best day

nice

Great!

simple minds,made the best day!

If we don't enjoy today, we won't enjoy the rest of our lives.

学会珍惜,风霜雪雨何尝不是风景呢?很好的提醒,谢谢分享。。。祝福。Learn to treasure, frost, snow and rain did not view? A good reminder, thank you for sharing... A blessing.

seiza the day!  carpe diem!

返回列表