听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 口语提升 » 情景会话:我真的很喜欢这份工作I really love this job
返回列表 发帖

情景会话:我真的很喜欢这份工作I really love this job

音频收听地址:http://talk.oralpractice.com/article_2326.html

A:Now, if I look here I see that you completed a BA in English? 现在我看这部分,得知你已经获得了英语文学艺术学士学位?

B:Yes, that’s right. After graduating from high school in New York I attended York University in the UK. My major was English, and my minor was business studies. I completed my BA in 2004. 是的,在纽约上完高中后,我进纽约大学就读。我的专业是英语,我的辅修科目是商务学习,在2004年我得到了艺术文学学位。

A:Yes, I’m pleased to see that you also got a distinction. 是的,很高兴看到你获得了优秀的成绩。

B:Yes that’s right. I’ve always enjoyed studying. My friends say I’m a bit of a bookworm, but my father always pushed us to succeed academically. 是的,我非常喜欢学习。朋友们说我有点像书虫。但是父亲总是鼓励我们在学业上有所成。

A:Well, it looks like his encouragement paid off Rebecca. So how about extracurricular activities at University ? 看起来他的鼓励影响了Rebecca。大学里的课外活动你参加了什么?

B:Well I’ve always been keen on writing, so I became the editor for the University student magazine, which I really loved. Also I volunteered for a group called Shelter, to help the homeless in York. 我一直喜欢写作,于是我成为校刊学生杂志的编辑,我很喜欢这份工作。我还成为一个Shelter组织的志愿者,来帮助纽约无家可归的人。

A:What did that involve? 那包括什么?

B:Providing warm meals and shelter, especially in the winter months. I found it really fulfilling to be part of that group. 提供热乎的饭菜和住宿地方,尤其是在冬天。我发现成为群体中的一员很令人高兴。

A:I’m sure. Okay, now let’s move on to your work experience, shall we? 我知道了。现在说下你的工作经历,行吗?

B:Yes, okay. 好的。

注释:
BA 文学艺术学位
major n.专业
minor n.辅修科目
distinction n.优秀
bookworm n.书虫
push sb. 鼓励或说服某人
pay off 积极影响
extracurricular adj.  课外的; 业余的
keen on 喜欢
volunteer v.做自愿者