听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 翻译提高 » 【婆婆归来】婆婆不会跟你说的另外25件事
返回列表 发帖

【婆婆归来】婆婆不会跟你说的另外25件事

The dreaded mother-in-law! Your relationship with her can certainly place stress on your marriage. No matter how hard you try to please her, there will surely be some things she doesn’t like but never mentions.
那令人敬畏的婆婆啊!不用说,婆媳关系肯定会给你的婚姻带来一定的压力。哪怕你再努力去讨好她,总会有些事情她不喜欢,而且她也从不明说。
1.        Thank you. I’ve never seen my son happier than he is now, married and with children.
谢谢你。我从未见过我儿子比现在更开心,结婚了,有孩子了。
2.        You don't have to call me Mom. But it would be nice if you did.
你不用称呼我“妈妈”,但是如果你这样叫我的话我会很高兴。
3.        I'm so grateful that my son has another person to look after her. I am finally off the hook.
谢天谢地,终于有个人来照顾我儿子了,我可以卸下这付担子了。
4.        I really want to make you happy. If you hate that green sweater I bought you, please, please tell me.
我真心想取悦你。如果你不喜欢我送你的绿色毛衣,请一定要告诉我。
5.        Thank you for making my child so happy. If I haven’t told you that very much, it’s because I’m afraid you’ll think I’m sucking up.
谢谢你给我儿子带来这么多的欢乐。如果我不曾这么感谢你,那是因为我担心你会以为我默认了。
6.        I desperately want to ask you: When are you going to have children?
其实我非常想问问你,你打算什么时候生孩子呢?
7.        I’ve never formed a warm bond with you. But when I see how happy my son is, I feel enormous affection for you.
尽管我从未跟你显得很亲密,但是看到我儿子因你而变得快乐,我就对你非常有好感。
8.        I so wish I could talk to you about it. Sometimes I watch you making choices that I so fear will lead you to difficulty. But I bite my tongue.
其实我很想和你聊聊。有时候,看你作抉择的又很担心你会陷入困境,但是每次我话到嘴边又咽了回去。
9.        I'm aware that my time on this earth is growing shorter. I want to spend it positively. I don’t want to waste it by fighting.
我意识到我在这个世上的时间所剩无几了。我想过好剩下的日子,我真不想把宝贵的时间浪费在无谓的争吵上。
10.        I'd like to share my advice more. I might not have the best ideas, but I do have decades of experience
我想与你分享更多的建议。可能我的建议不是最佳的,但是我确实有好几十年的生活阅历。

11.        Talk to me. If you think I can’t give good advice because I don’t have the full picture, well… paint it for me.
跟我说说话吧。如果你认定我不能给出好的建议是因为我知道事实的全部的话,那,你跟我说说呗。
12.        We're from different generations. And we’ll probably always see things differently.
我们是不同年代的人,所以极有可能我们的见解会一直不一样。
13.        I really want to give my grandkids a gift now and then. But you forbid me to do it. That’s painful.
时不时的,我真的想给我的孙子们买份礼物。可是你不乐意我这么做,真是可惜。
14.        I want us to be closer. The last time I was at your house, you hardly even spoke to me. I can’t understand why.
我希望我俩可以亲近点。上次我在你家的时候,你几乎都不跟我说话,为什么呢?
15.        What I want most can't be wrapped in a box or bought online. I just want to be loved.
我想要的不是随随便便就可以装在盒子里的或是从网上买到的。我需要的不过是更多的关心。
16.        I thought you'd be thrilled to have me as your mother-in-law. I thought that you’d think, Wow, I’m so lucky! It kills me that you don’t.
我原本以为你会因为有我这样的婆婆而激动;我原本以为你会因为有我这样的婆婆而感到幸运。可是你没有这样的感受,我挺难过的。
17.        I always send gifts for your birthday and all the holidays. It bugs me that you never thank me personally.
无论是你的生日,还是各种节假日,我总是会给你送份礼物。但是你从来都没有亲自跟我说过谢谢,我觉得很难受。
18.        Some mothers-in-law will say anything. I try not to. It’s not wanted, appreciated, or believed.
有些婆婆口无遮拦什么都说。我尽可能不这么做。而你对此并不领情,不感激,甚至你都不以为然。
19.        I've actually led a rich, interesting, complicated life. I wish you’d see me that way. I feel a little resentful that suddenly my whole life is seen through the prism of “the mother-in-law.”
事实上,我把生活过得很丰富、有趣和有意义。但愿你眼里的我也是这样的。突然我的人生要被人从“婆婆”这个角色来诠释,我其实感到有点愤怒。
20.        When I call you on the phone at 8 in the morning on a Saturday...I hope you’re not secretly saying, “Damn. Why is she calling here so early?”

周六早上8点我打电话给你的时候,真希望你没有小声嘀咕:“见鬼!她干嘛这么早给我打电话?”
21.        Sometimes I weep. I’ll think, How could my child who I loved so much marry someone I don’t understand at all?
有时候我也会暗暗流泪。我在想,我深爱的儿子怎么能娶个我完全不了解的人呢?
22.        I want you to need me. I want to feel valued, respected, and loved.
我希望你有需要我的时候。我希望自己被重视、被尊重和被爱。
23.        I don't always agree with your decisions. But I know you have to live your own life.
不是所有时候我都赞成你的抉择。但我很清楚你的人生由你来做主。
24.        I would visit my grandchildren more if I felt closer to you.
如果跟你更亲近的话,我会多去看看我的孙子孙女们。
25. You're bright, thoughtful, and loving. I’m lucky we have each other.
   你很聪明、有想法和有爱心。能够跟你相遇,我觉得我很幸运。

有人说,洋婆婆比中国婆婆通情达理,不见得吧

返回列表