听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语故事】 » 【名 著】2011.9.16-Pride and Prejudice(5)
返回列表 发帖

【名 著】2011.9.16-Pride and Prejudice(5)

“Aye, so it is,'' cried her mother, "and Mrs. Long does not come back till the day before; so it will be impossible for her to introduce him, for she will not know him herself.''

“唔,原来如此,”她的母亲嚷道,“郎格太太可要挨到开跳舞会的前一天才能赶回 来;那么,她可来不及把他介绍给你们啦,她自己也还不认识他呢。”

”Then, my dear, you may have the advantage of your friend, and introduce Mr. Bingley to her.''

“那么,好太太,你正可以占你朋友的上风,反过来替她介绍这位贵人啦。”

“Impossible, Mr. Bennet, impossible, when I am not acquainted with him myself; how can you be so teazing?''

“办不到,我的好老爷,办不到,我自己还不认识他呢;你怎么可以这样嘲笑人?”

”I honour your circumspection. A fortnight's acquaintance is certainly very little. One cannot know what a man really is by the end of a fortnight. But if we do not venture, somebody else will; and after all, Mrs. Long and her nieces must stand their chance; and therefore, as she will think it an act of kindness, if you decline the office, I will take it on myself.''

“我真佩服你想得这般周到。两个星期的认识当然谈不上什么。跟一个人相处了两个星 期,不可能就此了解他究竟是怎样一个人。不过,要是我们不去尝试尝试,别人可少不了要 尝试的。话说到底,郎格太太和她的侄女一定不肯错过这个良机。因此,要是你不愿意办这 件事,我自己来办好了,反正她会觉得这是我们对她的一片好意。”

The girls stared at their father. Mrs. Bennet said only, “Nonsense, nonsense!''

女儿们都对父亲瞪着眼。班纳特太太只随口说了声:“毫无意思!”

”What can be the meaning of that emphatic exclamation?'' cried he. “Do you consider the forms of introduction, and the stress that is laid on them, as nonsense? I cannot quite agree with you there. What say you, Mary? for you are a young lady of deep reflection I know, and read great books, and make extracts.''

“你怎么这样大惊小怪!”他嚷道。“你以为替人家效点儿劳介绍是毫无意思的事吗? 你这样的说法我可不大同意。你说呢,曼丽?我知道你是个有独到见解的少女,读的书都是皇皇巨著,而且还要做札记。”

Mary wished to say something very sensible, but knew not how.

曼丽想说几句有见识的话可又不知道怎么说才好。

”While Mary is adjusting her ideas,'' he continued, "let us return to Mr. Bingley.''

于是班纳特先生接下去说:“让曼丽仔细想一想再发表意见吧,我们还是重新来谈谈彬 格莱先生。”

返回列表