听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 阅读提高 » "战争主题"餐厅亮相贝鲁特
返回列表 发帖

"战争主题"餐厅亮相贝鲁特

At "Buns and Guns" you can order a "Kalashnikov" sandwich from a bullet-shaped menu, prepared by chefs in military fatigues with the roar of explosions as background music.
This new fast food restaurant in Beirut's southern suburbs was the brainchild of co-owner Ali Hammoud. He said the war theme was a novel concept that has nothing to do with Lebanon's recent history.
"It's just an idea I had, nothing more, nothing less. I could have put toys in place of the sandbags and teddy bears instead of guns. But it was just an idea," Hammoud said.
"You could say that the situation in the country made people pay attention," added Hammoud, sitting outside his restaurant, which has become popular with teenagers.
Guns, bullets and pictures of other weapons decorate the interior. The slogan "A sandwich can kill you", with a picture of a gun superimposed on a burger, is displayed outside.
Completing the war motif, sandbags surround the outdoor seating area. The menu features sandwiches and burgers with names such as "Terrorist meal" and "RPG", as well as "Kalashnikov".
"First time I came here, I thought it was a weapons shop. When I looked at the names of the dishes, I still thought so. I only realised it was a restaurant when I went inside," said 15-year-old Hussein al-Hajj Ali.

A picture of the outside of fast
food restaurant "Buns and Guns"
in Beirut, Lebanon.  At "Buns
and Guns" you can order a
"Kalashnikov" sandwich from a
bullet-shaped menu, prepared
by chefs in military fatigues with
the roar of explosions as background music.

在“面包与枪”快餐店,你可以从一份子弹形状的菜单中点一份“卡拉什尼科夫冲锋枪”三明治,这里的厨师身着迷彩服,餐厅的背景音乐是“隆隆”的炮火轰鸣声。
这家新开张的快餐店位于贝鲁特南部郊区,这一颇具“爆炸性”的点子是该店合伙人阿里 哈穆德想出来的。他说,战争主题餐厅是一个新创意,但与黎巴嫩近代战乱的历史无关。
哈穆德说:“这只是我的一个想法而已,没什么其它的意义。我也可以把沙袋换成玩具,把枪支换成泰德熊。但这只不过是个创意。”
哈穆德坐在餐厅外接受采访时说:“你可以说是国家局势让人们特别关注我们这家店。” 这家快餐店在十几岁的青少年中很受欢迎。
店内装饰以枪支、弹药及其他武器的图片为主题。店外广告上写着“让三明治干掉你”,旁边的照片是一个插着抢的汉堡包。
为了凸显战争主题,店外客座区周围都堆满了沙袋。菜单上三明治和汉堡的名字都改成了“恐怖分子面包”、“火箭助推榴弹发射器”和“卡拉什尼科夫冲锋枪”。
15岁的侯赛因 阿尔哈伊 阿里说:“我第一次来这时,我以为是家武器商店。看到那些菜名时,我仍然这样认为。直到我走进去,才意识到原来这是家餐厅。”

返回列表