听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 休闲乐园 » Storm and rain lash South China
返回列表 发帖

Storm and rain lash South China

Tropical storm Fengshen brought more rain and misery to southern China on Wednesday, throwing life out of gear in the economic hubs of Hong Kong and Shenzhen.
Fengshen, downgraded from a typhoon after killing hundreds of people in the Philippines, hit Shenzhen, Guangdong province, early Wednesday morning.
But before that it struck Hong Kong, uprooting trees, pulling down bamboo scaffoldings and causing a heavy downpour.
The storm caused rainfall in many parts of southern and some parts of eastern China. Though it hit Jiangxi province too, Guangdong bore the brunt of its assault.
The Hong Kong Special Administrative Region closed all schools and colleges for the day. And markets, including the stock exchange, opened only after the city's highest storm alert was lowered.
The Hong Kong Airport Authority said 139 incoming and outgoing flights had been delayed or canceled in the morning.
Public transport companies resumed services around noon, and flash floods and landslides were reported from many areas.

Shanwei city, less than 200 km east of Shenzhen, around 4 am.
Shenzhen's meteorological station forecast that city could receive up to 200 mm rain in two days.
The storm moved in the northeasterly direction after tearing through Shenzhen, causing heavy rain in other cities on the route.
Fengshen, meaning "wind god" in Chinese, is likely to move northward before it loses strength, the Guangdong meteorological station said.
It will bring torrential rain across a wide swathe of southern and eastern China, including Fujian, Guangxi, Jiangxi and Hunan provinces, Xinhua, quoting meteorological sources, said.
Rainstorms and floods in the heavily industrialized south have claimed 63 lives this year, according to the Ministry of Civil Affairs. Thirteen people are still missing and 1.6 million have been displaced.
Xinhua and agencies contributed to the story

为了不影响别人发帖,和阅读

请这位亲爱的会员注意一次发主题帖的数目不要超过3个~~~

还是多回复他人的主题比较好

呵呵,是噢,上来什么没有先是两段英文,都有点懵

i think this two article are good, i spent  five minite reading, the news give me a deeply impression, on the whole, i want see more news like this two.

返回列表