听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【新概念教室】 » 新概念入门第三册 49 PART A
返回列表 发帖

新概念入门第三册 49 PART A

Lesson 49 PART A
The ideal servant
It is a good thing my aunt Harriet died years ago. If she were alive today she would not be able to air her views on her favourite topic of conversation: domestic servants. Aunt Harriet lived in that leisurely age when servants were employed to do housework. She had a huge, rambling country house called 'The Gables'. (1)_______________________. Before she grew old, Aunt Harriet used to entertain lavishly. I often visited The Gables when I was boy. No matter how many guests were present, the great house was always immaculate. The parquet floors shone like mirrors; highly polished silver was displayed in gleaming glass cabinets; even my uncle's huge collection of books was kept miraculously free from dust. (2)_______________________. She always referred to them as 'the shifting population', for they came and went with such frequency that I never even got a chance to learn their names. Though my aunt pursued what was, in those days, an enlightened policy, in that she never allowed her domestic staff to work more than eight hours a day, she was extremely difficult to please. (3)_______________________, even after she had been sadly disillusioned by Bessie.

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

1.She was sentimentally attach to this house.For even though it was far too big for her needs,she persisted in living there long after her husband's death.
2.And Harriet presided over an invisible army of servants that continuously scrabbed,cleaned and punished.   
3.While she always critisized the phycalness of human nature,she carried on an unrelating search for the ideal servant to the end of her days,

1.She was sentimentally attached to this house,for even though it was far too big for her needs,she persisted in living there long after her husband's death.
2.Aunt Harriet presided over an invisible army of servants that continuously scrubbed,cleaned and polished.   
3.While she always criticized the fickleness of human nature,she carried on an unrelenting search for the ideal servant to the end of her days,

返回列表