听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语故事】 » 【名著简读本】-2011.11.12-地心游记(18)
返回列表 发帖

【名著简读本】-2011.11.12-地心游记(18)

After deciding not to tell him, I sat quietly watching him until a few hours later, Martha tried to leave the house to go to the market, but found the door locked. The key was no longer in the door. My uncle, of course, had taken it, after he promising that no one would eat until he discovered the meaning of the writing. Martha and I would be forced to suffer because of a situation that didn't concern us. I remember that my uncle had refused to eat for two days while he performed a great scientific experiment, and he had not allowed the rest of us in the house to eat either.
在决定不告诉他之后,我静静坐着看着他。过了几个小时,玛尔塔想要出门去市场,但是发现门锁上了。钥匙也不在门上。当然是我叔叔拿去了,因为他宣布在他发现文字的意义之前谁都不准吃饭。玛尔塔和我将要因为一个与我们毫不相干的事而被迫挨饿。我想起叔叔曾经在一项重大的科学试验期间两天没有吃饭,家里其余的所有人都不许吃饭。

I now realized that we were not going to eat breakfast, as there was no food in the house, and we were not allowed to leave. We had not had dinner the night before, but I still would not tell him the secret meaning. My uncle was still working, thinking of nothing but the mysterious writing.

现在我意识到了,我们吃不成早饭,因为家里没什么可以吃的了,而且又不让我们出去。昨天晚上,我们没有吃饭,但我仍不愿告诉他那个秘密。我叔叔还在工作,他心里想的只有那些神秘的文字。

Toward noon, I was  growing quite hungry, but I refused to give in; it was my duty not to. So I waited.

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

直达中午,我变得非常饿,但是我拒绝放弃,这是我的责任,所以我等待。

评分人数

Toward noon,I was growing quite hungry,but I refused to give in,it was my duty not to.So I waited.
快到中午的时候,我觉得非常饿了,但是我没有放弃,因为那是我的责任。所以我等待。

评分人数

Toward noon, I was  growing quite hungry, but I refused to give in; it was my duty not to. So I waited.
临近中午,我感到很饿,但我不会让步的,这是我的职责。因此我等待着。

评分人数

返回列表