听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 阅读提高 » My Knight in Shining Armor 救美的英雄!
返回列表 发帖

My Knight in Shining Armor 救美的英雄!

In Europe, during medieval times (or the Middle Ages), a man who has demonstrated great merit, meaning done something that deserves reward
or recognition, or completed a service for the country, could be deemed a knight by the king or queen of the country.  Furthermore, this
phrase often means a man who might have protected the honor of a lady or saved a lady in distress.  Thus, the phrase, “my knight in
shining armor” would be referring to a person, usually a man, who comes to the aid of another, usually a woman, in a noble, brave and
courteous manner.  To recap, when you hear someone say, “my knight in shining armor,” now you’ll know that they mean someone who has
been a great help or saved them in some regard.  在中世纪,国王或王后会授予享有荣誉的那些男子骑士的称号。而后,此个短语用来形容拯救陷于危境
中女子的那些"英雄"人士。

Examples:
My car’s tire went flat when I was driving home from my trip on Saturday.  It was the middle of the night and pitch black outside, and I
was 30 miles away, but Tom got out of bed, drove out to meet me and fixed it with the spare tire he brought with him.  And to make sure I
wasn’t scared, he stayed on the phone with me the entire time when he was on the way.  He’s truly my knight in shining armor.    当我周
六开车回家时,我的车胎爆了。那时正是子夜时分,车外乌黑一片,而我离目的地还有30英里。但是Tom却起床并开车来接我,他还用他带着的备用轮胎帮我修
理。为了让我不担惊受怕,他在来的路上一直和我保持通话。他真的是拯救我的英雄!
Web English

返回列表