听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 阅读提高 » 奥巴马私人助理罗夫离职深造
返回列表 发帖

奥巴马私人助理罗夫离职深造

Reggie Love, personal assistant to US President Barack Obama for four years, is leaving the White House to focus on his studies.
为美国总统奥巴马服务四年的私人助理雷吉·罗夫将离开白宫继续深造。
Love has been at Obama’s side for years, but wants time to concentrate on his studies
Mr Love, a former college basketball player, has been already been studying part-time to receive his MBA at the Wharton Business School.

Speaking to ESPN, he said the president is "like big brother to me".
Before working at the White House, Mr Love played on Duke University's basketball team.
As personal assistant, known as the president's "body man", the 30-year-old has performed roles as varied as personal valet, gatekeeper and basketball partner.
"His ability to juggle so many responsibilities with so little sleep has been an inspiration to watch," Mr Obama said about Mr Love in a statement. "He is the master of what he does."
Private moments
Mr Love joined Mr Obama's office in 2006, when the future president was a fresh-faced senator from Illinois.
Since then they have been virtually inseparable.
ABC News estimated that Mr Love and Mr Obama have travelled 880,780 miles (1.4 million km) together since the beginning of the 2008 presidential campaign.
The close relationship even extends to the bathroom, with Mr Love often in attendance when the president flosses(牙线) his teeth.
"If he had it his way, I think he'd floss in private," Mr Love said. "I think the fact that he was comfortable with me is probably a product of, you know, he's beaten down. I've been around for so long."
Mr Love, who will leave the White House before the end of the year, revealed he had asked Mr Obama about his view before making it final.
"I said, 'Mr President, I just wanted to get your advice and your opinion on this. I'm thinking that maybe I need to spend more time focusing on school and taking some time off of here,'" he said.

"And he was very supportive of it."
更多英语新闻

It's a special last name, really, isn't it?

we should learn all the time

返回列表