听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 阅读提高 » 非传统圣诞树
返回列表 发帖

非传统圣诞树

Not Your Traditional Christmas Trees

To me, Christmas is a time of family and friends. Of giving and receiving. A time for baking and singing carols and playing silly games half way into the night. Christmas is a time for children and watching their eyes light up as they open something that they really wanted. It's a time of laughing and drinking and eating too much. And of course, the perfect back drop to all this merriment is the Christmas tree. It's green and tall and full. It's full of twinkling lights and ornaments collected over the years.

You know, your traditional, average tree. This is not what this article is about. Instead, this article seeks to discover the bizarre, the unusual trees that people love (or maybe hate). Christmas has become so commercialized, so materialistic. It seems that major corporations and malls have bought and paid for our ideals of Christmas. This article highlights some of those sorts of trees as well as trees bought at the Salvation Army and trees designed by artists and trees that are well, just different that the ones that I have in my house.

These "upside down" trees were all the rage last year. I guess they were designed so that you could place more presents at the bottom. It also has the side effects of being harder for pets and kids to climb up on.  All the right parts are there but well, they're upside down!

Here's a different take on a Christmas tree -- a bicycle sculpture all painted white. It's definitely different. Maybe it's a statement about environmental friendliness. Instead of chopping down trees or driving SUV's, let's all use bikes!

Here's the bachelor's answer to Christmas -- layers of empty beer bottles! It actually looks surprisingly good considering what it's made of. If you start drinking now, there might still be time to get this done!

对我而言,圣诞节是亲朋好友相聚;送礼和收礼的好节日;是烘焙的好节日,是唱圣诞颂歌的好节日,是在半夜玩幼稚游戏的好节日;圣诞节是孩子们的节日,在圣诞节你能看到孩子们打开圣诞礼物时兴奋的双眼;圣诞节是随意吃喝笑的节日。当然,圣诞树正好完美地响应了这些欢笑;圣诞树又绿又高又丰满;闪耀的小灯和小饰品点缀着圣诞树。
      你知道,你们传统的,普通的树并不是本文要讨论的,本文是要试图找出人们所爱的(或者是讨厌的)奇形怪状的、与众不同的圣诞树;圣诞节已变得如此商业、如此功利。这似乎就是大型的公司和商场已经为我们购买了理想的圣诞树;本文突出讲述一部分此类型的圣诞树,以及在救世军那里买来的圣诞树、艺术家设计的圣诞树。所有的这些圣诞树都好看,只是与我家的圣诞树有点不同。

这些是去年风靡一时的“倒立”圣诞树。我猜想他们这样设计是方便你们在树底放更多的礼物,另一方面,这样也便于宠物紧紧挂住圣诞树、便于小孩爬上去。所有的一切都好好地在那,只是它们是颠倒的。
另一种不同的圣诞树--一个全唰白的自行车雕像。它肯定是与众不同的。也许它是对环境友好的一种声明;而不是伐倒树或者驾驶着越野车。让我们都骑自行车吧!
这是单身汉的圣诞树-由一层层空的啤酒瓶组成。其实,就它所用的啤酒瓶而言,它看起来确实不错。如果你现在开始喝酒,也许还有时间完成这样的啤酒圣诞树!

返回列表