听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 阅读提高 » 孕妇头胎不宜在家生产
返回列表 发帖

孕妇头胎不宜在家生产

A home birth carries a higher risk for the babies of first-time mothers, according to a landmark study published in the British Medical Journal.
英国医学期刊的一项里程碑式研究显示,准母亲头胎在家生产对婴儿有较高的风险。
However, the chance of harm to the baby is still under 1%, the study of almost 65,000 births in England found.
For a second birth there was no difference in the risk to babies between home, a midwife-led unit or a doctor-led hospital unit.
Midwife-led care was in general much more likely to lead to a natural birth.
The Birthplace study is the largest carried out into the safety of different maternity(母性) settings - comparing births at home, in midwife-led units attached to hospitals, those that are stand-alone and doctor-led hospital units.
All the women followed had healthy pregnancies and began labour with no known risk factors.
It found that, overall, birth is very safe wherever it happens.
The rates of complications, including stillbirth(死产) or other problems affecting the baby, was 5.3 per 1,000 births in hospital compared with 9.3 per 1,000 home births.
Prof Peter Brocklehurst, who led the research, said there were clear differences between women having their first baby and those having subsequent children.
He said: "The risk of an adverse(不利的) outcome for a baby are higher for a woman planning her first baby at home than in all of the other settings, but there was no difference between the midwife and hospital obstetric(产科的) units."
About 45% of women planning to have their first baby at home were transferred during labour, although this was mainly because of delays in giving birth and the need for an epidural(硬膜上的) pain-relief injection, rather than because the baby was in distress.
The transfer itself was not thought to be responsible for the difference because there was no raised risk for women moved from stand-alone midwife units to hospital during labour.
There was no difference in risk when women were having their second baby, whether that was at home, in a midwife unit or a traditional hospital setting.
The rate of transfer from home to hospital was much lower too, at just 12%.
Currently, about 90% of babies are born in medically-led hospital obstetric units. And in many areas women have a limited choice of where to have their baby.
更多英语新闻

I can't imagine when I am giving birth.Most of my friends has told me that it would be very tough and a lot of limited.

a lot of limited? What do you mean by that? I guess, you want to say" a lot of limitations"?

返回列表