听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 阅读提高 » 认清8个严峻事实,改善你的生活
返回列表 发帖

认清8个严峻事实,改善你的生活

There is no doubt that life has its ups and downs(起起伏伏). However, how we deal with them can sometimes make all the difference(大不同). Today I want to share eight harsh truths that I've come to learn from life. There's also a message in each that I think we can all learn from, and when applied, will improve our lives infinitely.

1.Friends Come and Go
When I was in high school, I always imagined spending most of my life with the same people. Then when I realized I had to move to college, that all changed. Once again, I made some close college friends but left them all behind when I moved from the UK to South Africa.

Friends will always come and go in your life; even though I'm back in the UK now, all my friends are in university around the country and not exactly in meeting distance. It can be a hard thing to accept, but many of the friends you spend time with now, might not be around in the next few years.

Important Lesson: There are an abundance of amazing people out there for you to meet and build relationships with. If you don't have many friends, don't stress, there are literally billions of friendship possibilities.

2.You Won't Always Get What You Want
I remember one Christmas when the only thing I had asked for was some second hand turntables for DJ'ing. I didn't ask for anything else so I was pretty sure I would get them. However, they didn't come and I ended up having to save for 10 months on my own in order to purchase them.

You won't always get what you want in life: people are going to be late, people will let you down, and items you want won't always be available.

Important Lesson: Don't look for happiness in material possessions and if things don't go your way, learn to accept them. Life's too short to stay miserable(adj.可怜的,痛苦的).

毫无疑问,生活有起有伏。然而,有时候我们处理问题的方式能让事情变得完全不一样。今天我想和大家分享我从生活中学到的八项严峻的事实。我认为我们都可以从每项事实里学到一点东西,如果我们应用它,它将无限地改善我们的生活。

1.朋友聚散离合  
当我读高中的时候,我总是想向着我生命中的绝大部分时间将和同一群人度过。后来当我意识到我必须去上大学的时候,一切都改变了。又一次,在我离开英国去南非之际,我不得不离开我在大学中结交的那些贴心朋友。
在我的生命中,朋友总是聚散离合;即使我现在回到了英国,所有的大学朋友处于同一个国家却也不会跨越距离彼此见面。这很难接受,但现在和你常常在一起的很多朋友,在一些年之后可能就会不在你身边了。
重要的经验: 有很多很不错的人在等着你去相遇和相知。如果你还没有很多朋友,不要太在意,理论上有大把接交朋友的机会。

2.你并不总会得到你想要的  
我记得在一次圣诞节,我唯一想要的东西就是一些音乐主持用的二手唱片转盘。我没有要求别的东西,所以我很肯定我会得到它们。但是,我没有等到,最后我不得不自己存钱10个月去购买它们。
在生活中你并不总是得到你想要的:人们会迟到,人们会让你失望,你想要的东西并不总能得到。
重要的经验:  不要在物质上寻找快乐,如果事情进行不顺利,那么就要学会接受。生命太短暂,不要停留在不愉快的事中。

There are only two here.
We are looking forward to reading the other six.

3.Many People Will Love You, but Many Will Not
Whether you are a celebrity, a charity worker or just a normal guy, there are going to be people that love you and what you do, but there's also going to be plenty people that don't like you. There are many possible reasons such as jealousy, similarities to them, or just not being someone's 'type'.

Important Lesson: Not everyone is always going to like you, and that's fine. If people want to spend time talking about you then that is their problem. You are perfect as you are. You shouldn't need everyone to like you to have some form of self-esteem.

4.Nobody Can Transform Your Life Like You Can
Wouldn't it be lovely if we didn't have to go up on stage, but we could just read a paragraph of a blog post and become a perfect public speaker? Or, wouldn't it be nice if our friends could do daring things, and we would benefit from them as well?

The support and help of others can only take you so far, you're going to have to do your own thing to make big changes in your life situation.

Important Lesson: Do things for yourself and learn to stand on your own two feet. People you rely on won't be around forever, and you don't want to have to use others as a crutch(n.拐杖) to get anywhere in life.

5.You Are Going to Fail
As the saying goes - "Only those who are asleep make no mistakes".

Important Lesson: You can learn a lot from others, but it is your own failures that are going to teach you the most valuable lessons in life. Learn from your failures, embrace them, and use them to drive you on to success.

3.很多人会喜欢你,但也有很多人不会
不管你是一位名人,一位慈善工作者,或只是一个普通人,肯定会有人喜欢你以及你所做的事,但也肯定也会有很多人不喜欢你。可能有很多原因,比如嫉妒,和他们有相似之处,或仅仅不是某些人的“风格”。
重要经验: 并不是每个人都喜欢,这很正常。如果人们愿意花时间来谈论你,那是他们的事。你还是那样的完美。你无需得到每个人的喜爱才能拥有自尊。

4.没有人能像你一样改变你的生活
如果我们无需站在舞台,但我们可以读着博客成为一个完美公众发言人,这不是很好吗?或者,如果我们的朋友做了大胆的事情,我们也可以从他们身上受益,这也不错吧?
别人的支持和帮助仅仅能让你达到这种程度,你需要自己亲历而为,为你的生活格局创造巨大变化。
重要的经验: 为自己做事情,学会自力更生。你要依赖的人不会永远在那,你不想总是利用他们作为拐杖来达到你的生活目标吧。

5.你会失败
俗话说“只有睡着了的人才不会犯错”。
重要经验: 你可以在别人身上学到很多,但正是你自己经历的失败教会你生命生最有价值的经验。从你的失败中学习,欣然接受他们,并利用它们引领你走向成功。

[ 本帖最后由 yoyo530521 于 2009-3-17 04:14 PM 编辑 ]

6.Rain Will Sometimes Cancel Play
On some occasions when you have your shorts on and you're ready for the beach, it's going to rain. Or, when you get to that first hole and you're ready to tee off(发球) - the clouds will open. Things aren't always going to go how you would like them to.

Important Lesson: Don't stress about the things that you can't control. Learn to live with things that happen. You can't change the past, but you can change how you react to things.

7.There May Be No Tomorrow
We never know what is around the corner, a car crash, a heart attack; heck...even the end of the world is possible. Let's face it, although we would all like to (愿意) live till we are 70 years old, that's certainly not always the case. There will be one day that is our last.

Important Lesson: Make the most of each day. Make sure the people you care about actually know it, don't worry about little matters, just make sure you spend time doing the things you love.

8.Someone Else Will Always Have More
Whether it is money, partners, friends, there will always be areas where other people have more than you. That isn't to say you can't become abundant in whatever you want.

The wanting of more actually holds a very important lesson...

Important Lesson: Just because someone has 'more', that doesn't mean they are happy. Read the biography of any celebrity and they will tell you they enjoy their process of earning money, rather than what money can do to make them happy. In other words, focus on what you love, not what the thing you love can get you.

6.突发知事有时让你无措
有时候,当你穿好短裤正准备去海滩的时候,天就要下雨了。或者当你到达第一个球洞,准备击球时——乌云密布了。事情并不总是向如你所愿的方向发展。
重要的经验: 你控制不了的事就不要强求。学会忍受发生的事情。你不能改变过去,但是你可以改变对待事情的态度和反应。

7.可能没有明天
我们永远也不知道将会发生什么事,车祸。心脏病发作,愤怒……甚至是世界末日也是可能的。让我们面对它,尽管我们都想活到七十岁,当然并不总会发生那样的事。总有一天是我们的最后一天。
重要的经验: 充分利用每一天。确保你爱的人明白你的感受,不要斤斤计较于小事情,保证你的时间花在你喜欢做的事情上。

8.别人总会拥有更多
不管是金钱,搭档,朋友,其他人总会在某些方面比你有的多。那并不是说你不可能在你想要的任何领域变得富有。
想要更多其实蕴含了一个非常重要的哲理……
重要的经验: 只是因为有些人有“更多”,那不意味着他们就很快乐。阅读任何一位名人的传记,他们都会告诉你他们喜欢赚钱的过程,而不是钱能做什么使他们开心。换句话说,关注你喜欢的东西,而不是关注你喜欢的东西能给你带来什么。

返回列表