听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语故事】 » 【名著简读本】-2011.12.8-地心游记(44)
返回列表 发帖

【名著简读本】-2011.12.8-地心游记(44)

本帖最后由 blueskywhy 于 2011-12-9 22:36 编辑

In early summer, the female eider duck builds her nest near the coast. When the nest is finished, she fills it with feathers, which she pulls from the lower part of her body. Then, the "hunter" comes and takes the nest. The female then begins building another one. This continues until she has no more feathers, then the male takes his own feathers, but since his feathers are tough, they cannot be sold to make the blankets, so this nest is not taken. The female lays her egg in it, and the following year, the hunter again returns to take the female eider's feathers.
初夏时,雌绒鸭在海岸边做窝。做好窝之后,它就从腹部拔下羽毛,铺在窝里。然后,“猎人”来把窝取走。这样,雌绒鸭只好重新再做一个窝。如此继续,直到它拔光身上的羽毛,接着雄绒鸭拔自己身上的毛。但因为雄绒鸭的羽毛很硬,不能买了做毯子用,所以这个窝得以保全。雌绒鸭在窝里下蛋。到了第二年,猎人会再来攫取雌绒鸭的羽毛。

That quiet hunter, named Hans Bjelke, was now sitting with my uncle, ready to be our guide into the center of the earth. His behavior was quite different from my uncle's. Neither of them cared about money. No agreement on payment was ever easier.

这位名叫汉斯布杰克的安静的猎人现在和我叔叔坐在一起,将要成为我们去地心的向导。他的行为举止和我叔叔大不相同。他们两个都不关心钱的问题。再也没有比着更简单的交易了。

My uncle estimated that the trip would take us seven or eight days to journey to Sneffels. Hans would stay with us as long as we needed his help. He would receive three dollars a week, and would be paid every Saturday morning,something he considered to be important for his services. We were to leave on June 16. My uncle offered to pay him in advance, but Hans refused with a single word.

我叔叔估计我们到达斯奈弗要用七八天。我们需要帮助的时候,汉斯会一直陪同我们。
本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览
我们将在6月16号出发。我叔叔想提前支付他报酬,但是汉斯仅用一个词拒绝了。

He would receive three dollars a week, and would be paid every Saturday morning,something he considered to be important for his services.
他一周会得到3美元的酬劳,每周六早上收到,他认为这对他所提供的服务很重要。

评分人数

返回列表