听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语故事】 » 天要下雨,娘要嫁人 英汉双语故事
返回列表 发帖

天要下雨,娘要嫁人 英汉双语故事

It rains when Heaven deems fit, mother remarries when she wants to--a popular saying often heard in China, what\'s the source of it?
It comes from a legend.

In ancient times there was a scholar called Zhu Yaozong who came first in the highest imperial examination. Conferred the title Number One Scholar, he was chosen to be the emperor\'s son-in-law. By convention, he would first return to his hometown in silken official robes. Before he left he begged the emperor for a favor--to erect a chastity archway in honor of his widowed mother. His request was granted.
His mother, however, appeared uneasy when she was told about the chastity archway. She had to admit that she was determined to remarry and her would-be husband was Zhu\'s former tutor to whom he owed a great deal. Devastated by the idea Zhu fell to his knees in front of his mother: “Mom. That\'s absolutely impossible. How could I face others if you do so. Besides, it will mean I have deceived the emperor--a felony deserving death penalty.”
As he was caught in a fix and nothing could be done, his mother sighed:“Since things have come to a head,let\'s trust to luck.” She then took off a skirt and handed it to him, saying:“Wash it tomorrow and dry it in the sun for a day. If it dries up by dawn the next morning, I\'ll drop the idea; if not, you are not to interfere, for it\'s the will of Heaven.”
That day was very fine with the sun shining brightly in a clear sky. But during the night clouds gathered and the sky became overcast. It broke into a violent shower towards daybreak. The skirt remained wet long after dawn. His mother said to him seriously:“Look here, son. It rains when Heaven deems fit, mother remarries when she wants to. The will of Heaven is not to be opposed.” So Zhu could do nothing but report to the emperor and express his readiness to be punished. The emperor was greatly surprised by the story and issued an imperial decree:“He who is unaware is not liable. Since the match has been made by Heaven, it has to be allowed.”
本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

哈哈,原来这个典故这样来的啊。

回复 2# tingroom

呵呵,我也是第一次知道的!

This is fate

原来是这样...

想要知道,谢谢分享。祝福.

很富有意义的天意。。。谢谢分享。Very meaningful providence... Thank you for sharing.

回复 4# ATM2012

天意吧

回复 6# zqytwy

不谢!

I have listened the story  when I was a children.

回复 9# shenyumen8800

Really? This is the first time I read the story!

回复 10# 小尾巴猪

yes,

Read,study and learn about everything important in your life

回复 12# zhangduo7007

It is a hard work!

还有故事

估计这个皇帝是被这娘俩给忽悠了

It rians when Hanven deems it,mother remarries when shen wants to

Learning

天意

Thank you for sharing.

返回列表