听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 阅读提高 » 《贫民窟的百万富翁》中的印度
返回列表 发帖

《贫民窟的百万富翁》中的印度

India In Slumdog Millionaire

A Nation of Apparent Contradictions

You’ll ponder some questions throughout Jamal’s story, but the real subtext(n.潜台词) of this film is India. Danny Boyle’s visceral(adj.内脏的,出自内心的) film-making drops you right into the streets. Filming hand-held, guerrilla style, on location, Boyle conveys the beauty and extremes of India–from dilapidated(adj.毁坏的) Mumbai shantytowns(n.贫民区) and endless garbage-strewn(v.点缀) landfills to exhilarating(adj.高兴的,振奋的) train journeys and colorful mass riverside laundrettes(自动洗衣店)– in an intimate way.

‘You don’t take [Mumbai] for granted, “ Boyle said in an interview promoting the film. “You know nothing about how it assaults(v.袭击) your senses. For a dynamic film-maker like myself, it’s everything I could ever want.”

That “everything” includes characters. By setting Jamal and his narrative among the country’s lowlifes, degenerates(adj.堕落的), innocents, and angels, Boyle ensures that Jamal’s experiences shock and inspire viewers in equal measure.

“I think one of the reasons the film seems to work for people is that it is very extreme,” Boyle said. “That’s what they have there. You’ve got to portray(v.描绘) it as an extreme experience. Everything is full-on(adj.完全的,彻底的).”

“It’s a tough place! There’s a lot of poor people living there leading very tough lives. You’ve got portray that accurately. There are beggars who have been crippled(v.使手足致残) deliberately to make them better beggars. You’ve got to get your head around(v.明白,了解) that.”

“You get it rougher in India at the moment,” concluded Boyle, Empire. “It allows you to tell a story like this.”

一个矛盾突出的国家

你可能在看贾马尔的故事时会思考一些问题,但这部电影的真正潜台词是印度。丹尼·博伊尔发自内心的电影制作手法让你置身于大街上。手动式的拍摄,选址上游击战式的风格,丹尼·博伊尔传达出了印度的美和极端——从破烂不堪的孟买棚户区,漫无边际的垃圾堆,到让人愉快的火车之旅,还有河边的绚丽多彩的洗衣场景——以一种亲近的方式。
“你不要想当然地理解孟买。”博伊尔在一次影片的推广宣传会的采访中说。你不知道它怎样刺痛你的神经。“对于像我这样充满着激情的电影制片人,这一切就是我想要的。”
“一切”包括影片的人物。通过把贾马尔和他的故事置于印度的下层阶级的人,堕落者,无辜者和善良的人背景当中,博伊尔肯定地说贾马尔的经历震撼和鼓舞了观众。
“我认为该影片受人们欢迎的原因之一是它很极端。”博伊尔说。“极端正是它们用有的。你需要描绘出那种极端的经历。一切都完整的呈现。”
“这是一个艰苦穷苦的地方!许多穷人住在那儿,过着艰难的生活。你要把这些准确地描绘出来。有些乞丐故意致残以便能更好地行乞。你要了解这些。”
“你此刻更能感到印度的艰苦”,博伊尔总结说。“这让你能讲述这样的故事。”

返回列表