听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语故事】 » 【名著简读本】-2011.12.11-地心游记(47)
返回列表 发帖

【名著简读本】-2011.12.11-地心游记(47)

I was quite amused watching my uncle on his horse, behind our calm guide. My uncle only had the choice to be patient, relying on our quiet guide to take us to the mountain. As we went, we saw a few cottages made of earth, but no one outside their homes  to greet us. Yet, this region of the country was the most populated. What, then, were the other parts like - the ones with even less people than this area?
看着我们向导身后坐在马背上的我的叔叔,我感到很好笑。因为要依靠我们安静的向导把我们领到山上,我叔叔只能选择耐心。我们一路走,我看到一些用土建造的村舍,但是没有人出来招呼我们。尽管如此,这还是该国人口最密集的地区呢。
本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

After travelling two hours outside the capital city, we stopped at a church to have a small breakfast. Hans politely answered my uncle's questions with yes or no. When asked where we would sleep that night, he replied with only, "Gardar."

在都城外走了两个小时后,我们在一个教堂处停下来吃了一点早餐。汉斯用“是”或“不是”有礼貌地回答我叔叔的问题。当被问及当晚要在哪儿睡觉时,他只回到了两个字,“加丹”。

I looked at our map to see that Gardar was a little village eighteen miles from Reykjavik. I then showed it to my uncle.

我查了查我们的地图,看到加丹是离雷克雅未克十八英里的一个村庄。然后我只给我叔叔看。

"Only eighteen miles," he said. " Eighteen miles out of a hundred. That's just a short walk. We could go at least twenty-five miles today."

“才十八英里,”他说。“一百英里才走了十八。这距离太短了。我们今天至少可以走二十五英里。”

He began complaining to our guide, explaining that we could go a longer distance, but Hans did not respond.

他开始向我们的向导抱怨,解释说我们可以走的更远,但是汉斯并没有反应。

At six o'clock in the afternoon, we arrived in Gardar.

下午六点钟,我们来到了加丹。

What, then, were the other parts like - the ones with even less people than this area?
那么,其他人口甚至更少的地方会是什么样子呢?

评分人数

返回列表