听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语故事】 » 【名著简读本】-2011.12.15-地心游记(51)
返回列表 发帖

【名著简读本】-2011.12.15-地心游记(51)

After a few moments of silent thinking, he said, "Yes, I've been thinking about that, as well. Ever since we came to Stapi, I've been concerned with this serious question. Sneffels has been quiet for six hundred years, but it may awake again. I've questioned the local people and studied the ground, and I can tell you, Axel, that there won't be an explosion."

他沉思了一会儿说:“是的,这个我也想过了。自从我们来到斯丹毕,我就一直考虑这个严肃的问题。斯奈弗已经沉寂了六百年了,但是它可能还会醒过来。我问过当地人,研究过地面,现在我可以告诉你,阿克塞尔,不会爆发的。”

I was so shocked at such a confident statement that I could not respond.

我对他如此肯定的断言感到十分震惊,一时无言以对。

"You don't believe me? Then follow me and I will explain," my uncle said to me.

“你不相信我吗?那么跟着我,听我给你解释,”我叔叔对我说。

He took me to a natural hot spring nearby. There was steam rising from the water.

他带我到附件的一个自然温泉边。那儿有蒸汽从水中升起。

"You see that steam rinsing, Axel? They prove we have no reason to fear the volcano. When a volcano explosion is about to happen, that steam becomes more active, then disappears completely during the explosion because there's no more pressure coming from inside the earth to push the steam through the cracks in the earth. You can be certain there will not be an explosion in the near future."

“你看到升起的蒸汽了,阿克塞尔?它们证明了我们没有理由担心这火山。
本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览
你可以确信近期不会爆炸。”

"But…"

“但是……”

"Enough. When science has spoken, there's nothing to reply."

“够了。科学一旦发了话,不要再有什么疑问。”

当火山要爆发时,蒸汽会变得异常活跃,然后会在爆发期间完全消失,因为已经没有了从地球内部来的压力推着这些蒸汽穿过地球的缝隙。

评分人数

When a volcano explosion is about to happen, that steam becomes more active, then disappears completely during the explosion because there's no more pressure coming from inside the earth to push the steam through the cracks in the earth.
当火山快要爆发时,蒸汽就会变得活跃,在火山爆发期间就会完全消失,因为在地壳内部没有更多的压力推动蒸汽。

评分人数

• blueskywhy

返回列表