听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语故事】 » 2012.2.21-惠特尼·休斯顿一生十大时刻(2)
返回列表 发帖

2012.2.21-惠特尼·休斯顿一生十大时刻(2)

4、“The Bodyguard”   出演电影《终极保镖》   

Houston’s success in the music industry catapulted her into the film world. In 1992, she starred in “The Bodyguard” alongside Kevin Costner, playing a star who hires protection after being tormented by a stalker. It was one of the first interracial films to not make the fact that it was interracial a focal point. Though some critics panned Houston’s acting, the film was an overwhelming success, making more than $410 million worldwide. It also made “I Will Always Love You” one of her most memorable hits — the song went on to win Grammys for record of the year and best female pop vocal.   

惠特尼在乐坛的成功也让她跻身影坛。1992年,她与凯文·科斯特纳共同主演了《终极保镖》,在剧中她扮演一位因无法忍受粉丝的骚扰而雇佣保镖的歌星。这是首部黑白人种相恋但种族差异并非焦点的电影。尽管惠特尼的表演招致了一些批评,但并没有影响这部电影的巨大成功,票房收入超过4.1亿美元。《我将永远爱你》(I Will Always Love You)也因此成为最令人难忘的歌曲之一:荣获之后的格莱美年度唱片奖,格莱美最佳流行女歌手奖也被惠特尼捧走。

5、“Waiting to Exhale”      主演电影《待到梦醒时分》   

In 1995, Houston starred in “Waiting to Exhale” with Angela Bassett, Loretta Devine, and Lela Rochon. The film about black women struggling with relationships opened at No. 1 and made more than $81 million worldwide, proving that a film marketed primarily at a black audience could have wide ranging success. Houston’s song featured in the film, “Exhale (Shoop Shoop)” also reached No. 1 on the Billboard charts.   

1995年,惠特尼与安吉拉·贝塞特、洛利塔·戴文妮和莱拉·罗琼共同主演了电影《待到梦醒时分》。它讲述了黑人妇女与生活抗争的故事,开创了黑人电影新纪元,票房收入超过8100万美元,使这部以黑人观众为主的电影获得了广泛的成功。惠特尼在电影中演唱的主题曲《梦醒时分》也荣登Billboard排行榜榜首。

评分人数

• kobe

these are classic movies! so great!

I will always love you -- when the classical tune resounds,how regrettable it is for Houston‘s short lifespan!She is a  talent and always be remembered by her funs! Houston,we will always  love you!

评分人数

good

回复 2# kobe

Then I should have seen it.

返回列表