听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 阅读提高 » 每日英语学习之汉译英1
返回列表 发帖

每日英语学习之汉译英1

1 科学家并非为了知道什么而寻求发现;他们是为了有所发现而想知道什么。
2 直到夜幕降临,人们才知白昼的辉煌。

参考答案

1 The man of science does not discover in order to know; he wants to know in order to discover.
2 One must wait until the evening to see how splendid the day has been.

[ 本帖最后由 Sunday7 于 2009-8-16 05:33 PM 编辑 ]

每日英语学习之汉译英2

1 给他一条鱼,你可以喂他一天;教他钓鱼,他周末就不会再来缠你了。
2 真正的科学首先教人怀疑和知道自己无知

参考答案

1 Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and you get rid of him on the weekends.
2 True science teaches, above all, to doubt and be ignorant.

每日英语学习之汉译英3

我爱我的母亲。怎样爱?我说不出。在我想作一件事讨她老人家喜欢的时候,我独自微微的笑着;在我想到她的健康而不放心的时候,我欲落泪。言语是不够表现我的心情的,只有独自微笑或落泪才足以把内心揭露在外面一些来。
                                                                                                                                                               —— 老舍《想北平》

参考译文:
My love for mother is almost inexpressible. I smile by myself when I think of something I can do to please mother; I feel like crying when I worry about mother's health. Words fail me while silent simles and tears well express my innermost feelings.

每日英语学习之汉译英3

秋天,无论在什么地方的秋天,总是好的;可是啊,北国的秋,却特别地来得清,来得静,来得悲凉。我的不远千里,要从杭州赶上青岛,更要从青岛赶上北平来的理由,也不过想饱尝一尝这“秋”,这故都的秋味。

—— 郁达夫 《故都的秋》

参考译文:
Autumn, wherever it is, always has something to recommend itself. In North China, however, it is particularly limpid, serene and melancholy. To enjoy its atmosphere to the full in the onetime capital, I have, therefore, made light of travelling a long distance from Hangzhou to Qingdao, and thence to Peiping.

-- Yu Dafu Autumn in Peiping

tips:
1、“总是好的”不宜照字面直译。现译为 always has something to recommend itself,其中to have... to recommend... 作“有……可取之处”解。
2、“不远千里,要从杭州赶上青岛……”译为 have made light of travelling a long distance from Hangzhou to Qingdao...,其中 to make light of 是成语,作“对……不在乎”解。

每日英语学习之汉译英4

请闭上眼睛想一想布兰妮不露肚脐是什么样子。想象不出来,对吗?这是因为你从来就没有见到过她不露肚脐。她的肚脐从来就没有被挡住过。不过,我们可以这样评论这位迷人的女歌星:她推动了全美国女性解放她们文胸以下、腰带上面那六英寸的肌肤,老少胖瘦无一例外。

参考译文:
Close your eyes and try to picture Britney with her navel covered. Can't do it, right? That's because you've never seen it covered. That's because it never has been. Say this, much for the young siren, though: she has helped liberate that six-inch swath of skin below the bra and above the belt for every X-chromosomal American, no matter how old, no matter what shape.

每日英语学习之汉译英5

没有人不爱惜他的生命,但很少人珍视他的时间。如果想在有生之年做一点什么事,学一点什么学问,充实自己,帮助别人,使生命成为有意义,不虚此生,那么就不可浪费光阴。这道理人人都懂,可是很少人真能积极不懈的善为利用他的时间。

—— 梁实秋《时间即生命》

参考译文:

Few people treasure their time as much as their life. Time must not be wasted if you want to do your bit in your remaining years or acquire some useful knowledge to improve yourself and help others, so that your life may turn out to be significant and fruitful. All that is foolproof, yet few people really strive to make the best use of their time.

-- Liang Shiqiu Time Is Life

tips:
“这道理人人都懂”译为 all that is foolproof,其中 foolproof 作 very simple to understand解,意同“不言而喻”或“简单明了”。此句也可译为“all that is self-evident“。

每日英语学习之汉译英6

1 真理没有自己特定的时间段。它的时间永远是现在。
2 越来越老并不可怕,可怕的是让人觉得越来越老。

参考译文:

1 Truth has no special time of it's own. Its hour is now always.
2 Growing old is not upsetting; being perceived as old is.

每日英语学习之汉译英7

1 知识是一宝库,而实践就是开启宝库大门的钥匙。
2 热爱大自然的人内外感觉协调一致,即使进入成年后依然保持着童心。

参考译文:

1 Knowledge is a treasure, but practice is the key to it.
2 The lover of nature is he whose inward and outward senses are still truly adjusted to each other; who has retained the spirit of infancy even into the era of manhood.

返回列表