听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 阅读提高 » 英汉翻译讲座UNIT 6-----复旦大学讲义
返回列表 发帖

英汉翻译讲座UNIT 6-----复旦大学讲义

Unit 6

I、上次课外练习参考译文:

我们正面临着一个新时代。随你怎么称呼它:服务经济也好,信息时代也好,知识社会也好,一句话,都说明了我们工作方式的根本变化。事实上我们已经开始进入这个时代。西方社会依靠制造产品谋生的人数比例急剧下降了。今天,在美洲、欧洲和日本,大多数人(这些国家中有许多国家已高达三分之二以上)从事服务业,而且人数还在增加。跟从前相比,妇女从业的人数增加了,兼职工作增加了,个体经营者增加了。但是,经济变革幅度的衡量不能只凭数字,因为经济变革同时也引发了对工作本质的全新思维。有关工作和职业生涯、获得成功所必须的技能、乃至个人与雇主的关系,种种传统的观念正在受到挑战。

我们只要回顾从前,就可以对未来有所了解。没有那一位展望未来20年的人能够预料到硅片这样一项发明,因其在个人电脑、数字通讯和工业机器人中的应用,会给我们的世界带来的种种变化。明天在生物技术、人工智能或者有些迄今为止甚至难以想象的技术方面所取得的成就,可能会引起类似的急剧变化。但有一点是肯定的:信息和知识将变得更加重要,而拥有信息和知识的人们,无论他们从事制造业或者服务业,将会具有优势并创造财富,计算机技术将与读写能力一样成为一种基本要求。运用信息解决问题的能力,而不是日常工作的完成,将尤其受到重视。展望未来10年,信息服务将支配一切,将成为你的工作方式。

II、英汉翻译原理第三讲:怎样理解原文?(续)

四、要通过吃透词语含义进行理解:

【例45】 While many women are comfortable being close and sharing secrets, men often struggle to express their emotions in relationship with other men.

×虽然许多女人对与他人亲密无间,分享秘密感到舒坦,而男人却经常刻求在与其他男人的关系中表达感情。

【译文】 许多女人亲密相处互吐隐秘感到心安理得,而男人要对其他男人表露感情却非易事。

【例46】 On the drunken occasion in question, I was insufferable about liking you, and not liking you. I wish you would forget it.

×在那次大醉时,我老考虑是不是喜欢你,搞得我无法忍受,希望你忘了它。

【译文】 那一次喝得酩酊大醉的时候,我说了喜欢你不喜欢你的一番话,让你受不了,希望你忘了它吧。

【例47】 I felt uncomfortable in the suit I had dredged up to wear.

×穿着那套已经弄干净的衣服,我只觉得浑身不自在。

【译文】 穿着那套费了好大功夫才找出来的衣服,我觉得浑身不自在。

【例48】 The school bully threatened Martin with a thick ear.

×学校的小霸王打了马丁一个耳光以此作为威胁。

【译文】 学校的小霸王扬言要打马丁的耳光。

【例49】 The computer makes possible a marvelous leap in human proficiency; it pulls down the fences around the practical and even the theoretical intelligence.

×计算机将可能使人类熟练掌握技术产生惊人的飞跃,他推倒了理论和实践之间的隔墙。

【译文】 计算机使人类的能力有可能发生巨大的飞跃;它拓展了人类从事实践工作甚至理论工作的智慧。

五、要明确词语的具体指代进行理解:

【例50】 Fifty cases of woolen sweaters were shipped from Shanghai to New York. They were products of the city's first joint venture. Owing to a storm at sea, some of the cargo got stained by seawater. However, the goods duly arrived yesterday.

【译文】 有50箱羊毛衫从上海发往纽约。这些羊毛衫是上海首家合资企业的产品。由于海上遇到风暴,其中一部分遭到海水污损,但这批货物已于昨天按时运抵。

【例51】 "Heaven bless you, my child," said she, embracing Amelia, and scowling the while over the girl's shoulder at Miss Sharp. "Come away, Becky," said Miss Jemima, pulling the young woman away in great alarm.

×她搂着爱米丽亚说:“求老天保佑你,孩子。”一面说,一面从女孩的肩头对夏泼小姐恶狠狠地瞪眼。吉米玛小姐心里害怕,赶快拉着年轻女子出来,口里说:“来吧,贝基。”

【译文】 她搂着爱米丽亚说:“求老天保佑你,孩子。”一面说,一面从爱米丽亚肩头对夏泼小姐恶狠狠地瞪眼。吉米玛小姐心里害怕,赶快拉着夏泼小姐出来,口里说:“走吧,小姐。”

【例52】 I seized the largest brush and fell upon my wretched victim with wild fury.

×我抓起那支最大的画笔,迅猛异常地向我可怜的受害者扑了过去。

【译文】 我抓起那支最大的画笔,势不可挡扑向那全无招架之力的画布。

III、课堂练习(正确理解以下各句,并在正确理解的基础上将其译成汉语):

1. The investigations were temporarily tabled due to more pressing business.

2. After all, all living creatures live by feeding on something else, whether it be plant or animal, dead or alive.

3. One of the great charms of Lawrence as a companion was that he could never be bored and so could never be boring.

4. A grass eating animal cannot exist without grass, a predator without prey, a plant without certain basic chemicals or certain kinds of soil.

5. If we could consider placing ourselves in other people's shoes, we could teach ourselves how damaging it is to assume anything about anyone.

6. A creative person will almost never follow a set pattern in developing an idea. To do so would tend to structure his thinking and might limit the creation of possible solutions.

7. Next door, a large-than-expected audience of 300 attended the International Conference on Laser Atmospheric Studies, which will be covered separately next month.

8. The quality of attendance, enhanced by an exhibit-admission fee of $50 per day, was widely extolled. The quantity was in doubt, however. All of the 14 exhibitors interviewed questioned the figure of 5,200 given by Fair director G.B. Hovel; the consensus was 2,500 attendees.

IV、课堂练习参考译文:

1. 由于有更紧急的任务,调查暂不进行。

2. 毕竟所有的生物都靠吃其他东西生存,不管这种东西是植物还是动物,是死的还是活的。

3. 在跟劳伦斯的相处中感到他有一点可爱之处,那就是他从不讨厌人,因而也从不讨人厌。

4. 食草动物没有草不能生存,食肉动物没有猎物无法活命,植物没有一定的基本化学物质或一定的土壤就生长不了。

5. 如果我们能够设身处地为别人着想,就会懂得对别人臆断有多大害处。

6. 有创造性的人在形成一种想法时决不会照搬固定不变的模式。那种做法往往会束缚思想,有碍于想出多种可能的解决方案。

7. 隔壁大厅里,出乎意料地有300人出席了国际激光大气研究会议,有关会议情况本刊将于下月另文报道。

8. 由于每天的入场券票价高达50美元,所以前往参观的人都有些身份,受到了普遍称颂。但是参观人数值得怀疑。有14家参展厂商接受了采访,都对交易会主任霍佛尔提供的5,200人这个数字表示怀疑,一般估计是2,500人。

V、课外练习(正确理解下列短文,并将其译成汉语):

One of my favourite moments of the day is among the last -- the last conscious one, anyway. After several attempts at keeping my eyelids from fluttering closed and the book from collapsing onto my chest, I know it really is time to go to sleep. I affectionately place the book on the bed beside me. We sleep together, me and my book, me and those characters, me and my mixed-up dreams.

Reading in bed seems to run in families. The last time my mother babysat for me, I got home to find the house dark except for two small lights. One came from my son's room, where I discovered the eight-year-old holed up under the covers with Goosebumps and a flashlight. At the other end of the house, my mother had already dozed off with her book.

Somewhere in the middle is me, a grown-up version of the girl who used to camp out under covers with Nancy Drew, a foreshadowing of a baby-sitting grandma whose sons will come home to find Mom snoozing contentedly beneath her paperback.

Instead of arranging my books into traditional categories -- fiction and nonfiction, novels and short stories, self-improvement and pleasure -- I divide my bedside reading into books that put you to sleep and those that keep you up. Both have their place. Just last night I picked up a slender but densely written volume of literary criticism for the knockout punch I knew it would deliver. At the other end of the spectrum are the suspense heavy plots that keep you turning pages into the single-digit hours -- crime novels, love stories, comedies of manners, narrators so charming you cannot bear to quit them, worlds so richly drawn you cannot bear to leave. (293 words)

神贴

3Q 2# 簿子酒

返回列表