听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语口语】 » In my face
返回列表 发帖

In my face

星期天,迈克和李华约在一道到户外市场去买东西。他们很自然地聊起前一天各自做了些什么事。迈克说他星期六一直在工作。
L: 我真难以相信你星期六还得上班,我以为你是星期一到星期五上班呢。
M: Usually, I do only have to work from Monday through Friday. But my supervisor has really been in my face about getting this project done. I needed to get it done by Monday, so I decided to come in over the weekend.
L: 我懂得,你是说你的领导一直在逼着你做完你的工作。可是你是怎么说的? In my face? 那是什么意思啊?

M: To say that my supervisor was "in my face" means that he has been giving me a lot of pressure about finishing the project. Just imagine someone who is standing close to your face, demanding that you finish something.
L: 要是你说某人是in your face的话,听起来可不是什么好事。像是他不断地在提醒你该做什么事。看来你的领导是个很难处的人啊。
M: Actually, he is not that bad. I really like him as a person. He is just very demanding when it comes to finishing work on time. He has an "in your face" personality.
L:这样说来,你也可以说某人有"in your face"的个性呐。
M: Yes, that means they have a very aggressive, direct personality. Someone like that usually doesn't care what other people think about their ideas.
L: 这样形容一个人的个性,听起来不太尊敬。
M: You're right, it's not a very nice thing to say about someone. You probably shouldn't tell someone directly that you think they have been in your face about something.
L: 谈到"in my face",大太阳正照在我脸上,可真把我晒得够呛,咱们到里边儿去找个阴凉地方吧。
M: Okay, how about getting some ice cream? There's an ice cream store right over there.
L: 好主意,咱们走吧。

in my face

返回列表