听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语故事】 » 2012.4.24- 巴菲特致股东的信
返回列表 发帖

2012.4.24- 巴菲特致股东的信

股神巴菲特在美国东部时间17日确诊患前列腺癌,以下为巴菲特致伯克希尔-哈撒韦股东的信。To the Shareholders of Berkshire Hathaway:
致伯克希尔-哈撒韦股东:

This is to let you know that I have been diagnosed with stage I prostate cancer. The good news is that I’ve been told by my doctors that my condition is not remotely life-threateningor even debilitating in any meaningful way. I received my diagnosis last Wednesday. I then had a CAT scan and a bone scan on Thursday, followed by an MRI today. These tests showed no incidence of cancer elsewhere in my body.

在此告知各位我已被诊断患一期前列腺癌症。好消息是医生告知我的病情远不危及生命,甚至不会显著影响身体机能。上周三我接受了诊断,周四做了CAT扫描和骨扫描,今天(周三)做了核磁共振。这些检查均未显示身体其余部分患癌。

My doctors and I have decided on a two-month treatment of daily radiation to begin in mid-July. This regimen will restrict my travel during that period, but will not otherwise change my daily routine.

医生和我本人决定,从7月中旬开始进行为期两个月的每日放疗。在此期间我的出行将受到限制,但日常工作不会发生变化。

I feel great — as if I were in my normal excellent health — and my energy level is 100 percent. I discovered the cancer because my PSA level (an indicator my doctors had regularly checked for many years) recently jumped beyond its normal elevation and a biopsy seemed warranted.

我感觉良好——仿佛处于正常的良好健康状态中——我的精力十分充沛。我发现自己患癌,是因为前列腺特异性抗原(PSA,多年来我的大夫做例行检查的一项指标)水平近来远超正常水平,活检似乎得到确认。

I will let shareholders know immediately should my health situation change. Eventually, of course, it will; but I believe that day is a long way off.

如果病情发生变化,我将立刻通知各位股东。当然,那一天终将到来,但我相信离那一天还挺远。

Warren E. Buffett

巴菲特

he is optimistic

I want to learn from him

i feel sad

返回列表