听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 职场英语 » 商务英语情景口语 关于商业信函介绍
返回列表 发帖

商务英语情景口语 关于商业信函介绍

Dialogue 1
A: Did you see the letter I got from Bradford films? They sent it in response to your phone call last week.
B: If they wanted to say something about my call last week, why didn't they send it to me?
A: I guess they must not have your contact information. So they sent it addressed in care of your department head. Anyhow, they wrote to confirm in writing what you discussed about the Milton Contract.
B: Can I see it for a second?
A: Sure. Here it is.
B: "Dear Mr. Clark, further to our telephone call last Friday, I am writing to confirm our meeting on July 21. As we discussed, our meeting is to review the contract details. "
A: Did they ask you to send the files beforehand?
B: Let's see. "We would be grateful if you could please send the related materials to our office prior to our meeting." It looks like it. Hey, was there anything else sent along with this letter?
A: I don't think so. Why do you ask?
B: The letter reads: "Please find enclosed a copy of our agenda for your review." I don't see anything else in the envelop.
A: Maybe they forgot to attach it to the letter. You should give them another call.
Dialogue 2
A: Can you help me a minute?
B: Sure. What can I do for you?
A: I am trying to write a letter to one of our clients, but I just don't know exactly what to say. I don't even know how to get started. I know I should write dear Mr. or Ms., but the problem is I don't know the name of the contact person.
B: You can just put Dear Sir or Madam. Or if it's not personal, you can write "To whom it may concern".
A: Okay. So I first thank them for their business. I can say something like "We are very grateful for your continued support". How is that?
B: Good. But also, right after that you want to tell them the reason you are writing.
Give them a reference.
A: Like "regarding our new product line, we would like to announce a special price discount ".
B: Right. Do you need them to respond?
A: Yes. The letter will have a survey inside. Then they should complete and return to our office. How should I write that?
B: You can tell them "Please find enclosed our customer service survey" or also, you can say "Attached is our customer survey". If you need the results right away, you can tell them it is urgent by saying "Please return the survey without delay" or "as soon as possible", maybe a more polite way is "at your earliest convenience".
A: Great. And what do you think I should close it with?
B: Since you don't know them that well personally. Probably the best way would be "Yours faithfully" or "Sincerely". You could also say "Best regards", but I don't think that would be appropriate because you don't have the name and obviously haven't met them.
A: Okay. Thanks a lot for your help.

1# x-ace
x-ace,you have my best regard thanks for sharing.

返回列表