听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 阅读提高 » 【趣味阅读】贝克汉姆患哮喘病20年
返回列表 发帖

【趣味阅读】贝克汉姆患哮喘病20年

Beckham admits asthma problem

Renowned for his fitness, David Beckham has revealed that has been troubled with asthma for several years.

The 34-year-old Los Angeles Galaxy midfielder, who will begin a second loan spell with AC Milan in January, was seen using an inhaler after the MLS Cup final.

"It's out there now," he said Thursday on the eve of the World Cup draw in Cape Town. "Sometimes I have good days and bad days. I've never hidden it but it's something I've had for a good few years now.

"I hope it turns into a positive because I've been able to play for many years with the condition. I know there are many other players who have overcome it such as (Manchester United midfielder) Paul Scholes."

Beckham also dismissed a report that he regularly smoked cigars, but admitted he occasionally had a taste of one whenever he celebrates a major triumph.

"I've always prided myself on the way I look after myself," he said. "On special occasions, like winning the European Cup, I might have had a puff. But I don't sneak into the garden. I think my boys would kill me if I did."

With the Major League Soccer season over and his loan spell not due to start for a month, Beckham is trying to regain fitness after an ankle injury. He needed painkilling injections to get him through the MLS Cup final in Seattle.

"In the last few days it has felt a bit better," Beckham said. "Bone bruising takes time to go away and obviously the injections I had during the game in Seattle didn't help. But it should be fine by the time I get to Milan. There's not much you can do with bone bruising apart from resting it and icing it. I just need a couple of weeks off, which I'm having."

返回列表