听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语故事】 » 6月12日英语故事:The Missed Blessings
返回列表 发帖

6月12日英语故事:The Missed Blessings

本帖最后由 xiaogua 于 2012-6-13 19:22 编辑

How many times do we miss blessings because they are not packaged as we expected?  Sometimes we don't realize the good fortune we have or we could have just because we expect "the packaging" to be different.

Dear readers : please read the article carefully and have a try to translate the sentences in red color or you can just tell me what you think about it . Be brave and just try . You are the best .

A young man was getting ready to graduate from college. For months he had admired a beautiful sports car in a dealer's  showroom, and knowing his father could well afford it, he told him that was all he wanted.   
本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

As Graduation Day approached, the young man awaited signs that his father had purchased the car. Finally, on the morning of his graduation, his father called him into his private study. His father told him how proud he was to have such a fine son, and told him how much he loved him. He handed his son a beautiful wrapped gift box. Curicious , but somewhat disappointed the young man opened the box and found a lovely, leather-bound Bible, with the young man's name embossed(使凸出) in gold. Angrily, he raised his voice to his father and said, "With all your money you give me a Bible?" He then stormed out of the house, leaving the Bible.
本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

Many years passed and the young man was very successful in business. He had a beautiful home and a wonderful family, but realizing his father was very old, he thought perhaps he should go to see him. He had not seen him since that graduation day. Before he could make the arrangements, he received a telegram telling him his father had passed away, and willed all of his possessions to his son. He needed to come home immediately and take care of things.
本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

When he arrived at his father's house, sudden sadness and regret filled his heart. He began to search through his father's important papers and saw the still new Bible, just as he had left it years ago. With tears, he opened the Bible and began to turn the pages. As he was reading, a car key dropped from the back of the Bible. It had a tag with the dealer's name, the same dealer who had the sports car he had desired. On the tag was the date of his graduation, and the words " PAID IN FULL".
本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

How many times do we miss blessings because they are not packaged as we expected? Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; but remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.  
本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

Sometimes we don't realize the good fortune we have or we could have because we expect "the packaging" to be different. What may appear as bad fortune may in fact be the door that is just waiting to be opened.

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

真不错,真不错………………

It's long, I mean this story,I'll read it later

What may appear as bad fortune may in fact be the door that is just waiting to be opened.

有点塞翁失马的意思

标签上印着他的“毕业日期”以及“全款支付”字样。

评分人数

• xiaogua

they are lack of communication.

On the tag was the date of his graduation, and the words " PAID IN FULL".
在标签上日期是他毕业的日期并且还写着“全款购买”
Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; but remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.  
不要破坏通过你渴望得到的东西,但是记住你已经拥有了东西也曾是你希望的。
What may appear as bad fortune may in fact be the door that is just waiting to be opened.
  出现的厄运事实上是正在等你去开启的大门。
Idon't kown my translations are right. Please help me correct them. Thank you very much!

评分人数

• xiaogua

I see the translated ,my level must improve.Continue to work hard.

回复 4# kobe

( ⊙o⊙ )哇,翻译的好容易懂了,而且还很文雅。

回复 6# xiaopengyou

Maybe , I think so too.  Otherwise , the son can't have left the room for so many years because of such things.

回复 8# 随意320

Wheneve you feel confused or can't totally understand my translation , leave message  and your question for me . Honor your order. Come on!

塞翁失马焉知非福。  I like it .

返回列表