听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语故事】 » 6月14日英语故事:The Dreamer 追梦人
返回列表 发帖

6月14日英语故事:The Dreamer 追梦人

本帖最后由 xiaogua 于 2012-6-14 21:59 编辑

有时你会发现身边出现了某个人,你说不出他的样子、着装和举动与其他人有什么区别,但就是觉得这个人特别与众不同,似乎散发着某种隐形的光彩和吸引力。也许这就是所谓的气质,所谓的自信,那是一种拥有梦想并为之奋斗的激情和魄力——请记住,不被别人限定,勇于追逐梦想的人才能活出属于自己的彩色人生。                                                                             ---题记

He walked into the city engrossed in his own thoughts. The eyes seemed totravel the kingdom of unknown . On his forehead, the curly locks trembled withthe cool breeze striking against his face, and a childlike innocence played on his lips.Though he had nothing, he appeared to be the king of his destiny.

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

People threw a glance at his face and lo, they were mesmerized! His movementinspired a confidence in them. Children flocked around him arrested in apeculiar charm.

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

"Who is he?" they thought, "A princely figure ! A man indeed, but the master ofhis fate."
本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

Some elderly people halted him. "Stranger," they said, "you seem to be new tothis city of ours. Which land are you from, and who are the parents so lucky to have a sonlike you?" And he smiled the loveliest smile they had ever seen and opened his lips tosatisfy their curiosity,  "I am not special but one from among you. Think me one of your ownchildren and love me as you love them."

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

"But you are very much unlike u stranger. Your exuberant face, your naturalgrace, and your eyes beaming the joy of your soul stand you apart from all of uand you say you are one of u walker of the land of the illumined!"

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

He laughed a hearty laugh and cast an eye full of compassion upon them andsaid, "Still I repeat what I have said before that I am none else but one of you. Yourecognize me not, for you have narrowed your vision with the burden of self-inflictedlimitations. I am the dreamer in you; the dreamer who lets not the world of difficultiessteal his dreams; who allows not his mind to shrink his dreams to fit them in theconfinement of his lean resources which are lean only when you willingly keep themlean repeating to yourself a thousand time 'I am made only for what I have, and more Ideserve not.' I, instead, announce to myself time and again that my dreams are big and myresources are limitles
vast enough to encompass all of them. Thus I wither not like you in the scorching sun of cruel realities."

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

And they heard enraptured as if somebody was playing on the flute asoothing note into their ears. It lasted for the time fairly long, and when theycame out of the trance and looked around, they found there not a single soul butnumerous crimson rose petals flying around as if announcing, "Be a dreamer, foryou are what your dreams are."

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

And they said to each-other, "Aye, aye, he was none else but the dreamer in us."

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

Be a dreamer, foryou are what your dreams are
i love this sentence
we must have dream and hope
that made us different from animals

评分人数

• xiaogua

I feel very sad .this story is difficult to me ,reply for translation.

回复 3# 随意320

Sorry to hear that. But this article is somewhat a little long and diffcult. Cheer up and read bit by bit .

i am a dreamer

回复 5# xiaopengyou

You are lucky.

thanks
The Dreamer 追梦人

回复 7# vicen777

My pleasure!

reading article you give is my hobby now .OIO

这故事不错哦,打印下来好好收藏

I don't understand

good

dddddddddddddddddd

我来看看看

Be a dreamer, foryou are what your dreams are .This is a  good sentences.
The same time we must have a dream.Believe in yourself.

返回列表