听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语故事】 » 6月18日英语故事:What goes around comes around 一报还一报
返回列表 发帖

6月18日英语故事:What goes around comes around 一报还一报

本帖最后由 xiaogua 于 2012-6-18 21:38 编辑

这是一个让人感慨万千的真实故事,这是一个关于“一件小事”与“两个巨人”的故事。亚马逊雨林里一只蝴蝶煽动它的翅膀,就能在大洋的彼岸引起猛烈的风暴。这是自然界的“蝴蝶效应”。农夫挽救一个小孩生命的善举,却实际上几乎挽救了整个人类的命运。这是人类社会的“蝴蝶效应”。
    还是那句话:勿以善小而不为。Little things are big.                                                -------题记

Try to translate the sentences in red color or tell me what you think about the story . You'll get the  corresponding score. Come on , my dear readers.

His name was Fleming, and he was a poor Scottish farmer.
本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

One day, while trying to make a living for his family, he heard a cry for help coming from a nearby bog(沼泽). He dropped his tools and ran to the bog. There, mired to his waist in black muck, was a terrified boy, screaming and struggling to free himself. Farmer Fleming saved the lad(小男孩) from what could have been a slow and terrifying death.
本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

The next day, a fancy carriage pulled up to the Scotsman’s sparse(稀疏的) surroundings. An elegantly(优雅的) dressed nobleman stepped out and introduced himself as the father of the boy Farmer Fleming had saved.
本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

“I want to repay you,” said the nobleman. “You saved my son’s life.”
本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

“No, I can’t accept payment for what I did,” the Scottish farmer replied, waving off(拒绝) the offer.
本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

At that moment, the farmer’s own son came to the door of the family hovel. “Is that your son?” the nobleman asked.
本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

“Yes,” the farmer replied proudly.
本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

“I’ll make you a deal. Let me provide him with the level of education my own son will enjoy. If the lad is anything like his father, he’ll no doubt grow to be a man we both will be proud of.
本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

And that he did.
   Farmer Fleming’s son attended the very best schools and in time, he graduated from St. Mary’s Hospital Medical School in London, and went on to become known throughout the world as the noted Sir Alexander Fleming, the discoverer of Penicillin(青霉素)。
本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

Years afterward, the same nobleman’s son who was saved from the bog was stricken with pneumonia. What saved his life this time?
本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

Penicillin。
The name of the nobleman? Lord Randolph Churchill.
本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

His son’s name? Sir Winston Churchill.
本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

Someone once said:“What goes around comes around.”
本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

Work like you don’t need the money.
本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

Love like you’ve never been hurt.
本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

Dance like nobody’s watching.
本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

Sing like nobody’s listening.
本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

Live like it’s Heaven on Earth.
本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

the good are rewarded and the bad are doomed to unfortunate.

如果这孩子像他的父亲,他一定能成为让我们骄傲的男子汉。”

评分人数

• xiaogua

to be kind to the others

评分人数

• xiaogua

回复 2# tingroom

Yeah , I think everyone is to some degree kind to themselves when they are kind to others.

If the lad is anything like his father, he’ll no doubt grow to be a man we both will be proud of.”
如果这个孩子像他父亲,他将毫无疑问的会长成一个我们为之骄傲的人。

评分人数

• xiaogua

a good story ,感谢楼主的辛勤

回复看隐藏

a good story. I read this story and I think the storr maker is a pupil at that time. Now the story maker have been a knoeledger.Congraduations!

返回列表