听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语故事】 » 6月24日英语故事: You Are Never Too Old for Love
返回列表 发帖

6月24日英语故事: You Are Never Too Old for Love

本帖最后由 xiaogua 于 2012-6-24 20:38 编辑

My aunt died back in about 2003. She was eighty-four and so was my uncle. When she passed he was devastated. They had been married for over 60 years. We expected him to pass on quickly after she died. He attended his church more frequently and his mourning was nearly unbearable to witness. His only daughter lived clear across the country so he had only the rest of the extended family and church family to comfort him.

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

My cousin talked him into selling the house that he and my aunt had built together about twenty-five years before. It was very hard to part with the home they built together. He was going to move into an apartment, but at the last moment, my cousin and he saw a new house for sale, that was close to his business. She helped him buy furniture and a flat screen television. He had not watched television for years because of his religion. He was like a kid with a new toy but still grieved horribly for my aunt.

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

One day he called my cousin who was living in Texas and told her that he reconnected with a lady from a church that he and my aunt went to forty years previously. She played piano and his church was looking for new music. Her husband had died about seven years previously. He said he just wanted someone to go out to dinner with and spend time with. We were happy for them but had no idea how it would turn out. They were both almost eighty-seven years old.

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

They were like lovebirds and spent as much time together as they could. They both had one child each, she a son, he a daughter. She had a house that her father built for her when she got married to her first husband. She was content there.

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

The other fly in the ointment was that they were both very busy people. They both still worked! They were in their mid-eighties and both had their own family businesses. She worked for her son who took over the family business and he had his own business.

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

The clash in their relationship came when they neither wanted to leave their respective churches. She went to her Baptist church that she had attended for many years and he went to his, which was a Pentecostal. They decided to remain friends but nothing more. He was broken-hearted, but felt that his religion was the only way. She didn’t want to leave her church and didn’t like the extreme of his.

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

Before too long they realized that they did not want to be apart. They would find a new church together. They planned to marry. When he took her to a jewelry store and bought her a diamond, the employees were so impressed
that they had a big write up in our own local paper, "'The Truth' for Valentines' Day." They prepared for their wedding.
They moved the wedding date up because neither wanted to wait any longer to "be together," and it was not proper to "be together" without being married.

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

They got married in her house, where they decided they would live. It was such a beautiful refreshing thing to see, two people who you would have thought had pretty much lived their lives, were beginning a new one together. I have never seen my uncle happier. He is still in love and she loves him as much as he loves her.

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

如果你曾认为,寻找真爱对你来说已经太迟,或者你的人生已经结束了,那么你应该多看看像他们俩这样的浪漫故事。他们都还在工作,而且他们现在已经结婚将近两年了。再过两个月,他们俩都将迎来90岁高寿,他们热爱两人在一起的生活。同时,他们仍然维系着各自的家庭、一起去教堂、和他们的家人朋友们一起外出聚餐。寻找真爱永远不会太迟,无论是再一次还是第一次!         -------后记

The other fly in the ointment was that they were both very busy people
还有另一处不足的是,他们两个都是非常忙的人

评分人数

• xiaogua

对了!!

回复 3# tang24

Bingo! Congratulations ! You are so smart.

看不懂

回复 5# leo123

为什么呢?我觉得大部分单词还是不难啊,需要花点时间慢慢看。文章主要讲的是一对80多高龄的老人家的夕阳恋,然后告诉我们爱永远不迟,通俗一点说就是年龄不是问题。 加油!

回复 5# leo123

慢慢来。

他到教堂越来越频繁了,他的哀悼几乎让证人无法忍受。

评分人数

• xiaogua

回复 8# leyla

亲,witness不是证人而是见证或者是目击差不多的意思哦。所以这个翻译有点小问题。

回复 6# xiaogua

英文不好!大概意思知道,只是我翻译出来。感觉有点变味了

He attended his church more frequently and his mourning was nearly unbearable to witness .  他去教堂频率更多,也证明这种悲痛几乎他要不能承受。
My cousin talked him into selling the house that he and my aunt had built together about twenty-five years before.表哥跟他谈卖掉那个他跟阿姨二十五年前一起建的房子。
They were like lovebirds and spent as much time together as they could. 他们像爱情鸟一样尽可能呆在一起。
The other fly in the ointment was that they were both very busy people 他们各自有自己的事要做

The clash in their relationship came when they neither wanted to leave their respective churches. 他们生活中有不同的是各自去自己的教堂。

They moved the wedding date up because neither wanted to wait any longer to "be together," and it was not proper to "be together" without being married.

他们预定婚礼日期因为他们都不想等待太多时间,并且也不想没有婚礼而在一起

评分人数

• xiaogua

回复 10# leo123

没关系的,首先要自己能尝试着看懂,然后多表达表达就好了。肯定能翻译的越来越好的。

回复 11# float

你回复之后有看给出的参考译文吗?你很积极参与,但是每个句子都有点小问题,可能是对某个单词或者短语的意思不太了解导致整句话的翻译有点走味,要多体会句子在整个文章的作用,这样有助于翻译的。加油啦,期待你的进步哦!

good

learning…

The clash in their relationship came when they neither wanted to leave their respective churches.
他们的冲突总是发生在他们的信仰上。

好多句子翻译出来怎么发现自己都点觉得不通顺呢,看来还得多学习呀

it is nice to read

返回列表