听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语美文】 » Salty Coffee
返回列表 发帖

Salty Coffee

Maybe the article is a bit too long, but  I have to say it touch me .

A boy invited a girl to have coffee with him at a party.He was too nervous to say anything,and she felt uncomfortable.

Suddenly he asked the waiter:" Would u please give me some salt?I'd like to put it in my coffee."

She asked him curiously:" Why do u have this hobby?"

He repiled:" Every time I have the salty coffee,I always think of my childhood,think of miss my parents who are still living there."

While saying that ,tears filled his eyes. She was deeply touched.Then she also started to speak,spoke about her faraway hometown, her childhood,her family.That was a really nice talk,also a beautiful beginning of their story.

They continued to date, She found that actually he was a man who met all her demands;he had tolerance, was kind-hearted,warm,careful. Then they got married and wre living the happy life...And ,every time she made coffee for him, she put some salt in the coffee,as she knew  that's the way he liked it.

After 40 years, he passed away, left her a letter which said:" My dearest,pls forgive me,forgive my whole life lie. This was the only lie I said to u ——the salty coffee.

"I tried to tell u the truth many times in my life, but I was too afraid to do that, as I have p romised not to lie to u for anything. Now I'm dying, I'm afraid of nothing so I tell u  the truth; I don't like the salty coffee, what a strange bad taste. But I have had the salty coffee for my whole life! Since I knew u, I never feel sorry for anything I do for u. Having u with me is my  biggest happiness for my whole life. If I can live for a second time, I still want to know u and have u for my whole life , even though I have to drink the salty coffee again.."

Her tears made  the letter totally wet..

Some day, someone asked her:"what's the taste of salty coffee?" "It's sweet." She replied.

The migic of love works in the loving pairs. Both parts are always read to sacrifice for the other's sake. Though probably such a sacrifice will cause bitterness to the contributing one,he or she feels sweet...

评分人数

• tingroom

loving pairs should try their best to take care of others.

1# sweet.lan

I agree your view very well ,
2#hellokitty

返回列表