听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语美文】 » 【美文】What I have Lived for 我为何而生 part.1
返回列表 发帖

【美文】What I have Lived for 我为何而生 part.1

Three passions, simple but overwhelmingly strong, have governed my life: the longing for love, the search for knowledge, and unbearable pity for the suffering of mankind. These passions, like great winds, have blown me hither and thither, in a wayward course, over a deep ocean of anguish, reaching to the very verge of despair.

三种激情虽然简单,却异常强烈,它们统治着我的一生:对爱的渴望,对知识的追求,对人类苦难的难以忍受的怜悯。这些感情如阵阵巨风,吹拂我的飘来荡去,在一个任性的过程中,越过痛苦的海洋,直抵绝望的边缘

I have sought love, first, because it brings ecstasy---ecstasy so great that I would often have sacrificed all the rest of my life for a few hours for this joy. I have sought it, next, because it relieves loneliness---that terrible loneliness in which one shivering consciousness looks over the rim of the world into the cold unfathomable lifeless abyss. I have sought it, finally, because in the union of love I have seen, in a mystic miniature, the prefiguring vision of the heaven that saints and poets have imagined. This is what I sought, and though it might seem too good for human life, this is what---at last---I have found.

我寻求爱,首先是因为它使人心醉神迷,这种陶醉是如此---伟大的,我常常有这样的幸福而牺牲的那几个小时,我的余生。我寻求爱,还因为它解除孤独---那种可怕的孤独中,一颗颤抖的灵魂在世界进入冰冷,无底,死寂的深渊。我寻求爱,还因为在爱的结合中,我看到一个神秘的缩影,在天堂景象圣贤和诗人们所想象的。这就是我所追求的,虽然这似乎太为人类生活的好,这就是--- ---我终于找到了。

附件: 您需要登录才可以下载或查看附件。没有帐号?注册

I have the same question:
What I have Lived for?

Maybe It's what you say

返回列表