听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语故事】 » 2月22日英语故事:like yourself
返回列表 发帖

2月22日英语故事:like yourself

try to translate the read sentences into Chinese to gain the score.

Recently I turned to a friend who was riding in my car and asked her, “What do you like about yourself?” We rode in silence for several minutes. Finally, she turned to me and said, apologetically, “I can’t think of anything.”

I was stunned. My friend is intelligent, charming, and compassionate – yet she couldn’t see any of that.

I know she’s not alone. Low self-esteem has become the number-one issue plaguing women. Despite God’s assurance that he’s absolutely crazy about us, most of us can’t believe he means us. It’s like the cynical editor who tells the cub reporter, “If your mother says she loves you, check it out.”

I was a reporter for 12 years. One of the first things I learned in researching a story was “garbage in, garbage out.” If your raw date is flawed, you end up with a faulty conclusion. The same is true with how we see ourselves. If we lack self-confidence, maybe we’re working with flawed data.

The reality is, in hundreds of subtle ways, our culture, family, friends – even our thought life – conspire to undermine our confidence. We grow up in families void of affirmation, encouragement, and respect – the building blocks to self-confidence. Then we find ourselves smack dab in the middle of a world that lionizes Size Two Hollywood starlets and Barbie-doll figures. Our paycheck, our title, or some other artificial yardstick gives us temporary entrée into the world of The Accepted. But in our hearts, we know it isn’t real. How do we find our way to the truth?

i can't translate it to chinese.i find it is very hard for me,my english is very bad.

评分人数

• tingroom

事实上,以一些微妙的方式,我们的文化、家庭、朋友甚至理想的生活都在逐渐的削弱我们的自信。

评分人数

• tingroom

最近我转向一个坐在我车里朋友,问她:“你喜欢你自己什么?”我们在车上沉默了几分钟。最后,她转身对我说:抱歉,"我想不出什么。”

我很震惊。我的朋友是很聪明、狠迷人又富有同情心,但她看不到这些。

我知道她并不孤单。自尊低的头号问题已困扰着女人。尽管他是上帝的保证,对我们完全痴迷,我们大多数人都不相信他指的是我们。就像愤世嫉俗的人告诉记者,编辑,如果你的母亲说,“她爱你,看看。”

我做记者十二年。最早的我学研究的故事之一是“垃圾”,垃圾。如果你原来是有缺陷,最终会得出错误的结论。同样如此,我们如何看待自己。如果我们缺乏自信,我们也许是有缺陷的数据。

事实是,在数以百计的微妙的方式,我们的文化,家庭,朋友,甚至我们的思想人生-密谋破坏我们的信心。我们的家庭中长大,鼓励和肯定,基石,以增强你的自信。然后,我们发现自己成为人群中间的一个世界,lionizes好莱坞明星和Barbie-doll大小两位数。我们的薪水,我们的标题,或者其它一些人为的准绳给我们暂时得以进入世界的接受。但是在我们的心灵深处,我们知道那不是真的。我们如何找到真理呢?
好像不太对哟。请指教!

评分人数

• tingroom

返回列表