听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语故事】 » 【每日英语故事9月3日】——成功的人生不设限
返回列表 发帖

【每日英语故事9月3日】——成功的人生不设限

My son Joey was born with club feet. The doctors assured us that with treatment he would be able to walk normally but would never run very well. The first three years of his life were spent in surgery, casts and braces. By the time he was eight, you wouldn't know he had a problem when you saw him walk .

The children in our neighborhood ran around as most children do during play, and Joey would jump right in and run and play, too. We never told him that he probably wouldn't be able to run as well as the other children. So he didn't know.

In seventh grade he decided to go out for the cross-country team. Every day he trained with the team. He worked harder and ran more than any of the others - perhaps he sensed that the abilities that seemed to come naturally to so many others did not come naturally to him. Although the entire team runs, only the top seven runners have the potential to score points for the school. We didn't tell him he probably would never make the team, so he didn't know.

He continued to run four to five miles a day, every day - even the day he had a 103-degree fever. I was worried, so I went to look for him after school. I found him running all alone. I asked him how he felt. "Okay," he said. He had two more miles to go. The sweat ran down his face and his eyes were glassy from his fever. Yet he looked straight ahead and kept running. We never told him he couldn't run four miles with a 103-degree fever. So he didn't know.

Two weeks later, the names of the team runners were called. Joey was number six on the list. Joey had made the team. He was in seventh grade - the other six team members were all eighth-graders. We never told him he shouldn't expect to make the team. We never told him he couldn't do it. We never told him he couldn't do it...so he didn't know. He just did it.

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

He just did it.
so we...

评分人数

• jane019

what

The encouragement and love of the parents are important to children~

The spirit of never giving up is worth learning~

评分人数

• jane019

回复 1# jane019

回复 1# jane019

Everyone should believe in yourself,you can do it.

感谢论坛

回复 1# jane019

it's better not to know somthing bad than to know that. For that if you know that, the obstacle in the heart probably upset and stop u go ahead.

good

天空

Everyone should believe in yourself,you can do it.

But I know everything about myself ,it's harder for me to make it .

i just wanted to have a look at the hidden part.

GOOD

thx

返回列表