听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语故事】 » 【每日英语故事9月7日】——你是我的幸福之一
返回列表 发帖

【每日英语故事9月7日】——你是我的幸福之一

She was dancing. My crippled grandmother was dancing. I stood in the living room doorway absolutely stunned. I glanced at the kitchen table and sure enough-right under a small, framed drawing on the wall-was a freshly baked peach pie.

I heard her sing when I opened the door but did not want to interrupt the beautiful song by yelling I had arrived, so I just tiptoed to the living room. I looked at how her still-lean body bent beautifully, her arms greeting the sunlight that was pouring through the window. And her legsThose legs that had stiffly walked, aided with a cane, insensible shoes as long as I could remember. Now she was wearing beautiful dancing shoes and her legs obeyed her perfectly. No limping. No stiffness. Just beautiful, fluid motion. She was the pet of the dancing world. And then shed had her accident and it was all over. I had read that in an old newspaper clipping.

She turned around in a slow pirouette and saw me standing in the doorway. Her song ended, and her beautiful movements with it, so abruptly that it felt like being shaken awake from a beautiful dream. The sudden silence rang in my ears. Grandma looked so much like a kid caught with her hand in a cookie jar that I couldnt help myself, and a slightly nervous laughter escaped. Grandma sighed and turned towards the kitchen. I followed her, not believing my eyes. She was walking with no difficulties in her beautiful shoes. We sat down by the table and cut ourselves big pieces of her delicious peach pie.

So…” I blurted, How did your leg heal?

To tell you the truthmy legs have been well all my life,she said.

But I dont understand!I said, Your dancing careerI meanYou pretended all these years?

Very much so,Grandmother closed her eyes and savored the peach pie, And for a very good reason.

What reason?

Your grandfather.

You mean he told you not to dance?

No, this was my choice. I am sure I would have lost him if I had continued dancing. I weighed fame and love against each other and love won.

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

In love sometimes we will lose myself, but it is because of this we will get better happiness

评分人数

好啊好好好好

this was my choice

评分人数

一个人的选择

回复 5# 薇生物

please try to express it in english.

回复 6# jane019

The choice of the one

返回列表