听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语故事】 » 【每日英语故事9月9日】——告诉妈妈我爱她
返回列表 发帖

【每日英语故事9月9日】——告诉妈妈我爱她

John had been on the road visiting clients for three weeks. He couldn't wait to get back to his wife and kids. It was coming up on Mother's day, and he usually tried to make it "back home", but this year he was too tired. When he drove by a flower shop, he said to himself, "I know what I'll do. I'll send Mom roses."

He went into the shop and saw a boy talking to the clerk. "How many roses can I get for six dollars, ma'am?" the clerk was trying to explain that roses were expensive. Maybe the boy would be happy with carnations.

"No, I have to have roses." He said. "Mom was sick so much last year and I didn't get to spend much time with her. It has to be roses, because that's her favorite."

Something inside of John was touched by the boy's voice. He silently mouthed to the clerk that he would pay for the boy's roses.

The clerk looked at the boy and said, "Okay, I will give you a dozen roses for your six dollars." The boy almost jumped into the air. He took the flowers and ran out.

It was worth the extra thirty-five dollars just to see this kind of excitement.

John ordered his own flowers and had the clerk to be sure that delivery would include a note telling his mother how much he loved her. As he drove away from the shop, he was feeling good. He caught a light about two blocks from the shop. As he waited, he saw the boy with the roses entering a cemetery.

The light changed, and John slowly crossed the intersection. He pulled over and on an impulse got out and began to follow the boy. The boy stopped by a small monument and went to his knees. He laid the roses on the grave and began to sob. John stared at the little boy's trembling body and listened to his crying.

Then John heard the boy cry, "Oh, Mommy, why didn't I tell you how much I love you. Why didn't I tell you one more time? Jesus, please, find my Mommy. Tell my Mommy I love her."

John turned, tears in his eyes. He drove quickly to the florist and told her he would take the flowers personally. He wanted to tell his mother one more time just how much he loved her.

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

I am very moved

评分人数

good

study.........

It is hard to read this document.

评分人数

• jane019

a good story

We all only have one mum so love her!

评分人数

感谢论坛,感谢论坛