听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语美文】 » A Trip To The Supermarket
返回列表 发帖

A Trip To The Supermarket

I walked into the grocery store not particularly interested in buying anything. The pain of losing my husband of 37 years was still raw. And this store held so many sweet memories.

Rudy often came with me and every time he’d pretend to go off and look for something special. And I’d then spot him walking back to me with three yellow roese. Rudy knew I loved them.

The grocery store was different since Rudy had passed on.Shopping for one took time, a little more thought than it had for two. Standing by the meat, I searched for the perfect small steak and remembered how Rudy had loved his steak.

Suddenly a woman came up beside me. I watched as she picked up a package of T-bones and dropped them in the basket, hesitated, and then put them back. She saw me watching her and smiled. “My husband loves T-bones, but honestly, at these prices, I don’t know.”

I swallowed the emotion down my throat and met her blue eyes. “My husband passed away eight days ago.” I told her. Glancing at the package, I fought to control the tremble in my voice. “Buy him the steaks. And cherish every moment u have together.”

She shook her head and I saw the emotion in her eyes as she placed the package in her basket and wheeled away. Ten minutes later, I saw her walking towards me, carrying a package in her arms. On her face was the brightest smile I had ever seen.
As she came near, I saw what she held and tears began misting in my eyes.

“These are for u,”she said and placed three beautiful yellow roses in my arms. She leaned over and placed a gentle kiss on my check, then smiled again. I wanted to tell her what she’d done, what the roses meant, but still unable to speak, I watched as she walked away, as tears clouded my vision.

I looked down at the beautiful roses nestled in the green tissue wrapping and round it almost unreal. How did she know?

Suddenly the answer seemed so clear. I wasn’t alone. “Oh, Rudy, u haven’t forgotten me ,have u?” I whispered, with tears in my eyes. He was still with me, and she was his angle.

Everyday be thankful for what u have and who u are..

PS: An attitude of gratitude creates blessings.

Gratitude changes the pangs of memory into a tranquil joy..

评分人数

• tingroom

LOVE is everythere!

swallowed the emotion down my throat
control the tremble in my voice
clouded my vision

返回列表