听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语故事】 » 【每日英语故事9月26日】——爱的价值(上)
返回列表 发帖

【每日英语故事9月26日】——爱的价值(上)

本帖最后由 jane019 于 2012-9-26 12:15 编辑

The cheerful girl with bouncy golden curls was almost five. Waiting with her mother at the checkout stand, she saw them: a circle of glistening white pearls in a pink foil box. Oh please, Mommy. Can I have them? Please, mommy, please!

Quickly the mother checked the back of the little foil box and then looked back into the pleading blue eyes of her little girls upturned face. A dollar ninety-five. Thats almost $2.00. If you really want them, Ill think of some extra chores for you and in no time you can save enough money to buy them for yourself. Your birthdays only a week away and you might get another crisp dollar bill from Grandma.

As soon as Jenny got home, she emptied her penny bank and counted out 17 pennies. After dinner, she did more than her share of chores and she went to the neighbor and asked Mrs. McJames if she could pick dandelions for ten cents. On her birthday, Grandma did give her another new dollar bill and at last she had enough money to buy the necklace.

Jenny loved her pearls. They made her feel dressed up and grown up. She wore them everywhereKindergarten, Sunday school, even to bed. The only time she took them off was when she went swimming or had a bubble bath. Mother said if they got wet, they might turn her neck green.

Jenny had a very loving daddy and every night when she was ready for bed, he would stop whatever he was doing and come upstairs to read her a story. One night when he finished the story, he asked Jenny, Do you love me

Oh yes, Daddy. You know that I love you.

Then give me your pearls.

Oh, Daddy, not my pearls. But you can have Princessthe white horse from my collection. The one with the pink tail. Remember, DaddyThe one you gave me. Shes my favorite.

Thats okay, Honey. Daddy loves you. Good night.And he brushed her cheek with a kiss.

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

返回列表