听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语美文】 » 【美文】 »自由思想与心灵的作用-part.2
返回列表 发帖

【美文】 »自由思想与心灵的作用-part.2

Whatever obstacles I found made me fight all the harder. But it would have been impossible for me to fight at all, except that I was sustained by the personal and deep-rooted belief that my fight had a chance. It had a chance because it took place in a free society. Not once was I forced to face and fight an immovable object. Not once was the situation so cast-iron rigid that I had no chance at all. Free minds and human hearts were at work all around me; and so there was the probability of improvement. I look at my children now, and know that I must still prepare them to meet obstacles and prejudices.
中文翻译:
       我一路上遇到的阻碍都促使我更加努力地去抗争、去奋斗。然而,如果不是我内心深处坚信我的奋斗有希望,我就根本无法坚持。我的奋斗有希望,因为这是一个自 由的社会。在这里,我不止一次遇到过无法逾越的障碍,也不止一次经历过令人绝望的境况。但那时,思想与心灵的自由便能起作用,让我摆脱困境。如今我看着自 己的孩子们,我知道我仍需要他们准备面对困难与歧视。

But I can tell them, too, that they will never face some of these prejudices because other people have gone before them. And to myself I can say that, because progress is unalterable, many of today's dogmas will have vanished by the time they grow into adults. I can say to my children: There is a chance for you. No guarantee, but a chance.And this chance has come to be, because there is nothing static with free people. There is no Middle Ages logic so strong that it can stop the human tide from flowing forward. I do not believe that every person, in every walk of life, can succeed in spite of any handicap. That would be perfection. But I do believe — and with every fiber in me — that what I was able to attain came to be because we put behind us (no matter how slowly) the dogmas of the past: to discover the truth of today; and perhaps find the greatness of tomorrow.
中文翻译:
      然而,我可以告诉他们,正因为前人的努力奋斗,他们今后不必再经受我们现在承受的某些偏见。我也告诉自己,社会进步是必然的,当我的孩子们长大成人时,现 在社会上的许多教条一定会消失。因此,我可以告诉我的孩子们:你们有希望——我不敢保证什么,但肯定有希望。有自由思想的人决不会停滞不前,所以你们有希 望。再也没有中世纪强大荒谬的逻辑能阻挡人类历史的潮流滚滚向前。我并不认为从事任何职业的任何人都能排除一切障碍获得成功——这样的完美不现实。但我的 确有一条坚定不疑的信念——我现在所做到的一切是因为我们能够抛开从前的教条(无论多么缓慢),能探寻当下的真理,也许还能发现未来的美好。

这个文章比较长了,大家最讨厌的就是这种文章了,嘻嘻!
但是学习吗?有点时候会枯燥一点,还是希望大家把它看完!
加油!

虽然是长了点,不过想要学好 就不得不好好看

回复 2# kobe

还是KOBE 努力,送朵大红花给你,KOBE同学!

good  aritical

回复 4# 左琦

I am happy you like it !
welcome to jion "每日英语美文"!

thx

Thank you!