听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语美文】 » 【美文】»放慢你的脚步 part.1
返回列表 发帖

【美文】»放慢你的脚步 part.1

A young and successful executive was traveling down a neighborhood street, going a bit too fast in his new Jaguar. He was watching for kids darting out from between parked cars and slowed down when he thought he saw something.
一位年轻的总裁,以有点快的车速,开着他的新Jaguar经过住宅区的巷道。他必须小心游戏中的孩子突然跑到路中央,所以当他觉得小孩子快跑出来时,就要减慢车速。

As his car passed, one child appeared, and a brick smashed into the Jag's side door. He slammed on the brakes and spun the Jag back to the spot from where the brick had been thrown.
就在他的车经过一群小朋友的时候,一个小朋友丢了一块砖头打到了他的车门,他很生气的踩了煞车并后退到砖头丢出来的地方。

He jumped out of the car, grabbed some kid and pushed him up against a parked car, shouting, "What was that all about and who are you? Just what the heck are you doing?"Building up a head of steam, he went on"That's a new car and that brick you threw is gonna cost a lot of money. Why did you do it?"
他跳出车外,抓了那个小孩,把他顶在车门上说:“你为什么这样做,你知道你刚刚做了什么吗?” 接着又吼道:“你知不知道你要赔多少钱来修理这台新车,你到底为什么要这样做?”

“Please, mister, please, I'm sorry. I didn't know what else to do!”pleaded the youngster." It's my brother," he said. "He rolled off the curb and fell out of his wheelchair and I can't lift him up.
小孩子求着说:“先生,对不起,我不知道我还能怎么办?” 他接着说:“因为我哥哥从轮椅上掉下来,我没办法把他抬回去。”

Sobbing, the boy asked the executive, "Would you please help me get him back into his wheelchair? He's hurt and he's too heavy for me."
那男孩啜泣着说:“你可以帮我把他抬回去吗?他受伤了,而且他太重了我抱不动。”

文章有点长,嘻嘻,大家不要偷懒哦!我们一起学习了!

Slow down your step

返回列表